This is my recipe for how to make succulent, flavorsome (and gluten free!) hamburgers in an air fryer. Using the air fryer to cook these burgers means they are super quick and easy to make, and the whole family will love them!
Air Fryer Hamburgers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 slices cheese
- 4 burger buns or gluten-free buns
- salt + pepper
- tomato, salad and/or other toppings you like (bacon anyone?)
- Preheat the air fryer to 390°F.
- Form the ground beef into 3 hamburger patties and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Spray the air fryer basket with olive oil spray to prevent sticking.
- Place the hamburgers in air fryer basket and cook for 15 minutes. You may need to drain the fat out of the air fryer during cooking if you notice it starting to smoke.
- While the hamburger are air frying, slice the burger buns and prepare any toppings you like.
- Remove hamburgers from the air fryer. Place the cheese on top of the burger patties and return to the air fryer to cook for one more minute. If you want to check that they are done using a meat thermometer, the internal temperature should be 160-165°F (71-74°C).
- When the hamburger patties have finished cooking, remove from the air fryer, place in the burger buns and pile up you favorite topping. Enjoy!
To make sliders, just form 6 smaller patties and cook for 10 minutes instead of 15.
Here are some great side dishes to go with these air fryer burgers:
Cook any air fryer side dishes before the burgers, leaving 5-10 minutes of cooking time to finish off while you put the burgers together.