This air fryer chicken thighs recipe is my go-to for an easy week night dinner. They are gluten-free, paleo and keto. Team it with some fries and/or a salad for a dinner that will be approved by the whole family.
Air fryer roasted or grilled chicken thighs make a great mid week dinner, so tasty, easy to cook, and good value.
How to prepare air fryer chicken thighs
I usually buy boneless skinless chicken thighs for this recipe, but you can also use skin-on if you want more traditional roasted chicken thighs.
Pat the chicken thighs dry, drizzle with a little cooking oil, then add the seasoning and flip the chicken thighs over to ensure they are coated with the seasoning on all sides.
For seasoning, I often use store-bought chicken spices [affiliate link], but you can easily make your own. Try using salt, ground pepper, paprika, and ground cumin for a simple homemade mix. Or try rosemary, thyme and a little salt if you want roasted chicken thighs.
Air fryer chicken thighs recipe
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- 10 oz boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp chicken spices
- 1 drizzle olive oil
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Pat chicken thighs dry. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with chicken spices, turn to ensure they are evenly coated with the oil and spice.
- Place chicken thighs in air fryer basket, ensuring they are not overlapping.
- Place basket into the air fryer and air fry chicken thighs for 12-15 minutes (depending on thickness), until they are cooked through.
- You can check they are cooked by cutting the thickest one open, or stick a sharp knife into the thickest part if the juices run clear they should be cooked. If you are unsure, it is best to check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer.
What to serve with air fryer chicken thighs
Here are some easy side dishes that go great with this recipe: