One of my favorite roasts is this recipe for air fryer lamb roast. Juicy tender roasted lamb without toiling over a hot oven. Season with fresh rosemary and thyme and serve with roasted potatoes and fresh steamed vegetables for a classic lamb roast.
The recipe uses a butterflied leg of lamb, which you can ask your local butcher to prepare for you, or you can just cut it open yourself using a sharp knife. I would, however, recommend buying a boneless leg roast, as this will make the process much easier.
What to serve with air fryer roast lamb
- air fryer roast potatoes – roast them for 20 minutes before cooking the lamb, then pop them back in the air fryer to finish them off for 5 minutes while the lamb is resting
- microwave steamed broccoli – start them steaming while the roast lamb is resting
- mashed potato – for the ultimate in comfort food
Air Fryer Roast Lamb
- 10 oz butterflied lamb leg roast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp rosemary fresh or dried
- 1 tsp thyme fresh or dried
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F (180°C)
- On a plate, mix 1 tablespoon of olive oil with 1/2 tablespoon each of rosemary and thyme.
- Pat lamb roast dry and place into the herb oil mixture, turning it to ensure it is well coated.
- Place lamb in air fryer basket, and air fry for 15 minutes.
- This should give you medium-rare lamb. Though when cooking roast lamb in an air fryer it is best to check the temperature with a meat thermometer to ensure that it is cooked to your liking (medium-rare should be 140-150°F / 60-65°C). Cook for additional 3 minute intervals if you prefer it more well done.
- Remove roast lamb from air fryer, cover with kitchen foil and leave to rest for five minutes before serving (this allows the juices to reabsorb into the meat).
- Cut against the grain to serve.
You may also like: Air Fryer Roast Beef