An air fryer is a great way to roast a pork loin. Quick and easy, and gives great results – if you like crispy crackling you are in for a treat!
- 2 lb pork loin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F (180°C)
- If the pork loin has rind, cut the skin with a sharp knife and ensure that it has deep scores right through.
- Drizzle the oil over and rub into skin. Sprinkle salt over the skin and rub in.
- Cook in air fryer for 50 minutes (25 minutes per lb of meat).
- To check pork is cooked, pierce the thickest part with a knife: if the juices run clear, the pork is cooked. If you are unsure, check with a meat thermometer – pork is cooked when the thermometer shows 145°F (63°C).
- Remove from air fryer, cover with kitchen foil and leave to rest for ten minutes before serving. If the crackling is not quite as crisp as you would like it at this point, remove it before resting the meat, and put back into the air fryer for ten minutes.
Check out our post on how long to roast pork in an air fryer for cooking times for other sizes of pork loin.
What to serve with air fryer roast pork
Try one of these easy side dishes that go great with this roast pork: