An air fryer is a great way to roast a pork loin. Quick and easy, and gives great results – if you like crispy crackling you are in for a treat!
Cooking a pork roast in an air fryer oven is one of the easiest ways to cook a pork roast. Oil and salt the pork roast, then just set the air fryer to roast for 25 minutes per lb of pork. Done!
Air Fryer Roast Pork
- 2 lb pork loin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- Preheat air fryer oven to 360°F (180°C)
- If the pork loin has rind, cut the skin with a sharp knife and ensure that it has deep scores right through.
- Drizzle the oil over the pork roast and rub into skin. Sprinkle salt over the skin and rub in.
- Cook pork loin in air fryer for 50 minutes (25 minutes per lb of meat).
- To check pork is cooked, pierce the thickest part with a knife: if the juices run clear, the pork is cooked. If you are unsure, check with a meat thermometer – pork is cooked when the thermometer shows 145°F (63°C).
- Remove from air fryer, cover with kitchen foil and leave to rest for ten minutes before serving. If the crackling is not quite as crisp as you would like it at this point, remove it before resting the meat, and put back into the air fryer for ten minutes.
How long to roast pork in an air fryer
The rule of thumb is to air fry a pork roast for 25 minutes per lb. So a 2lb pork roast needs 50 minutes.
Check out our post on how long to roast pork in an air fryer for cooking times for other sizes of pork loin.
What to serve with air fryer roast pork
Try one of these easy side dishes that go great with this roast pork: