These delicious Cajun-inspired pork burgers can be air fried, shallow fried, or grilled.
Cajun Pork Burgers
How to cook spicy Cajun pork burgers.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 2 people
Pork burger patties
- 0.5 lb pork mince
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- ½ cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
Burger bun and toppings
- 2 burger buns
- 1 tomato sliced
- ½ avocado sliced
- cos lettuce leaves
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1 tbsp sweet onion relish or onion jam
Make the patties
- Combine the pork mince, Cajun seasoning, breadcrumbs egg and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Shape the pork mixture into 2 evenly sized patties.
Cook the patties (frypan)
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium frypan.
- When the oil is hot, cook the burger patties for 4-5 minutes each side, until cooked through.
OR Cook the patties (air fryer)
- Spray air fryer basket with oil.
- Add patties to air fryer basket. Ensure they are not touching.
- Air fry patties at 360°F (180°C) for 10 minutes, until cooked through (exact time depends on how thick you made the patties).
While the patties are cooking
- Slice the burger buns in half and place under a hot broiler for 2 minutes until just starting to brown.
- Slice tomato and avocado.
- Spread onion jam onto burger bun base. Add a patty, top with slices of tomato and avocado, and cos leaves. Spread mayo inside top of burger bun. Enjoy.
Calories: 704kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 166mg | Sodium: 560mg | Potassium: 930mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2380IU | Vitamin C: 14.8mg | Calcium: 172mg | Iron: 5.3mg
You may also like: Air Fryer Hamburgers