The best way to cook carrots in the microwave is to steam them. Try this super simple recipe for microwave steamed carrots the next time you need a quick and easy side dish!
Microwave Steamed Carrots
How to steam carrots in a microwave.Print Pin
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 4 medium carrots or 16 baby carrots
- ½ cup water
- Scrub or peel carrots.
- If using full sized carrots, cut into 2 inch chunks. Baby carrots do not need to be cut.
- Place carrots into a microwave safe glass bowl. Add the water.
- Cover the bowl with a (microwave-safe) plate or lid, and place in the microwave.
- Microwave carrots on high for 2 minutes, then leave to steam for a further 1 minute until they are tender. Take care when removing carrots from the microwave, the bowl and the steam will be very hot.
- Serve microwave steamed carrots topped with butter.
Calories: 25kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 44mg | Potassium: 195mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 10190IU | Vitamin C: 3.6mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.2mg