A super simple recipe for classic pumpkin soup.
Classic Pumpkin Soup
How to make classic pumpkin soup.Print Pin
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 4 people
- 2 lb pumpkin (purchase pre-cut if you can)
- 1 onion
- 2 cups chicken (or vegetable) stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp sour cream (optional)
- Peel pumpkin and cut into chunks. Peel onion and cut in half.
- Add to a saucepan with the stock. Cover and bring to the boil, simmer until pumpkin is tender.
- Use a stick blender to blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and stir through a spoonful of sour cream.
Calories: 136kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 184mg | Potassium: 954mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 387.6% | Vitamin C: 27.5% | Calcium: 7.1% | Iron: 11.8%