Try this classic Indonesian fried rice dish the next time you are looking for a quick and easy dinner. Ten minutes prep and ten minutes cooking time is all it takes.
Chicken Nasi Goreng
How to make chicken nasi goreng the quick and easy way.Print Pin
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 2 people
- 10 oz sliced chicken breast
- green beans
- 1 baby bok choy
- 1 tbsp nasi goreng paste
- 1 cup precooked rice try Uncle Ben's Ready Rice
- cooking oil
- 1 tbsp crushed peanuts
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- Heat a drizzle of cooking oil in a large frying pan.
- Pat chicken dry, and stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, cut the green beans in half. Thinly slice the bok choy.
- Add beans to the pan, along with 1 tbsp of nasi goreng paste.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes.
Cook rice and bok choy
- While the beans are cooking, microwave the rice pack according to instructions on the pack (tear top 1in., microwave for 2 minutes).
- Add rice and bok choy to the pan with the chicken and beans.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until bok choy has softened and the dish is cooked through.
- Serve nasi goreng topped with crushed peanuts and mung bean sprouts. Add kecap manis to taste.
Calories: 450kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 378mg | Potassium: 996mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 3535IU | Vitamin C: 52mg | Calcium: 164mg | Iron: 3.8mg
You may also like: Open Chicken Lasagna