- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 medium carrots (diced)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 beef stock cubes
- 2 lb diced beef
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
Need ingredients??Shop now at AmazonFresh #Ad
- Put everything except the cornflour and parsley into the slow cooker (crumble the stock cubes).
- Cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4 hours.
- To thicken the gravy, gradually add a couple of tablespoons of liquid from the slow cooker, to the cornflour, stirring to first make a paste, then a thick liquid. Pour this back into the slow cooker, stirring well, and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Finally, stir in the parsley, and season to taste. Serve over rice or mashed potato.
Calories: 419kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 51g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 140mg | Sodium: 642mg | Potassium: 995mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 153.7% | Vitamin C: 7.2% | Calcium: 6.5% | Iron: 27.8%Rate this recipe:
…and try one of these easy dishes on the side:
Error: View d14420cui8 may not exist