Try our super-easy recipe for bolognese using your slow cooker. Freeze the leftovers for easy midweek dinners on days when you’re pushed for time.
Slow Cooker Spaghetti Bolognese
How to cook bolognese in a slow cooker or crock pot.Print Pin
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Total Time: 8 hours 15 minutes
Servings: 8 servings
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 onions, finely chopped
- 2 lb (1kg) ground beef
- 2 carrots, finely shredded
- 3 cans chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 pack spaghetti, cooked
- 8 tsp parmesan
- Switch on slow cooker and add olive oil, onions and garlic. Place lid on slow cooker.
- When the slow cooker has heated up and the onions are translucent, add the mince and break into small pieces using a wooden spoon. Replace the lid, and allow mince to cook for ten minutes while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the other ingredients to the slow cooker, and stir, again breaking up any large lumps of mince.
- Cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 8 hours.
- Serve over spaghetti.
Calories: 680kcal | Carbohydrates: 97g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 352mg | Potassium: 1095mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 57.4% | Vitamin C: 25.3% | Calcium: 11.3% | Iron: 33.6%