A simple recipe to cook a whole roast chicken in an air fryer.
How to cook a whole roast chicken in an air fryer.
- 3 lb whole chicken, (check the capacity of your air fryer and be sure to get a chicken that will fit)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- Preheat air fryer to 450 degrees.
- Rub chicken with olive oil. Sprinkle salt and oregano over the chicken.
- Spray the air fryer basket with olive oil to help prevent the chicken sticking. Cook in air fryer for 30 minutes.
- Flip the chicken over and cook in air fryer for another 30 minutes.
- The chicken is cooked if the juices run clear when you stick a knife in the thickest part. If you are unsure check with a meat thermometer - internal temperature should be 165°F (75°C).
- Cover the chicken with foil and let it rest for 10 minutes before carving and serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 382Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 7gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 695mgProtein: 30g
You may also like: