Air fryer tofu – perfectly crispy like its been in the deep fryer, but way healthier. Easy to prepare and ready in no time.
For years I thought I didn’t like tofu. I had only tried the wobbly kind that you get in in stir fries. That was up until I tried deep fried tofu, a.k.a. crispy clouds of perfection! Unfortunately anything deep fried cannot be that healthy for you.
Enter the air fryer.
It took a couple of attempts, but here is the recipe to air fry tofu to perfection. It is crisp and light and delicious. Also ready in no time.
Air Fryer Tofu
- 10 oz tofu (firm style)
- 2 tsp five spice
- 1 tsp flour
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- olive oil
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F (180°C).
- Mix spice, salt sugar and oil in a bowl.
- Cut tofu into approx. 1in cubes.
- Add tofu to bowl and gently mix to coat tofu cubes in the spice mix.
- Place tofu in air fryer basket so that the cubes are not touching each other.
- Air fry tofu for 15 minutes.
- Serve with Hoisin sauce or soy sauce.
You may also like: