A quick and easy recipe for cooking BBQ chicken wings in an air fryer. This is the simplest recipe you will find for air frying chicken wings. No need to marinate them, or use a dry rub.
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my affiliate policy here.
Air frying is such a quick and easy way to cook chicken wings. 20 minutes and they are done. I particularly love this recipe as there is so little prep. You literally just air fry the wings, and add the sauce towards the end of the cooking time.
If you want to try other types of seasoning for this recipe, check out my basic recipe for cooking chicken wings in an air fryer, which covers the use of other seasonings including dry rubs and marinades.
Seasoning the wings
Some recipes you may see will have you coat the wings in sauce before air frying them, but I have found that this usually leads to the sauce charring a bit too much and becoming unappetizing before the wings have cooked through.
I use BBQ sauce for this recipe, but you can switch in any type of sauce that you like with wings, try hot sauce, jerk sauce, buffalo sauce or sweet chili.
Easy Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings Recipe
How to cook chicken wings in an air fryer.
- 1 lb chicken wings, split at joint, remove tips
- olive oil spray
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce / gluten-free bbq sauce
- Preheat air fryer to 355°F (180°C).
- Spray air fryer basket with olive oil to prevent sticking, then place chicken wings into air fryer basket skin side down.
- Air fry the chicken wings for 5 minutes.
- Remove basket from air fryer flip the chicken wings over, and return to the air fryer to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove basket from air fryer, brush chicken wings with BBQ sauce.
- Return chicken wings to air fryer for another 5 minutes.
- Use an instant read thermometer to ensure that this wings have reached 165°F (74°C) in the center of the thickest part.
- Toss with your favorite chicken wing sauce, and serve.
Always confirm safe internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) has been reached at the thickest part before consuming.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 394Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 5gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 823mgCarbohydrates: 29gSugar: 23gProtein: 23g
You may also like:
- Air fryer chicken recipes
- Air fryer chicken tenders
- Air fryer chicken wings (from frozen)
- Air fryer whole chicken wings
Looking for more recipes?
Check out the recipe index where you can browse recipes by meal type and category!
*This blog post contains affiliate links, this means if you click on a link and go on to buy the product I recommend, I will get a small commission, but you will not be charged a cent more – thanks in advance for your support!