Simple and nutritious, these cheesy vegetable muffins are super easy to bake, but a bit too easy to eat. They wont last long, so you might want to make a double batch!
This cheesy vegetable muffin recipe is super easy to prepare. I used zucchini and carrots, but you could use any vegetable (or fruit?) that you have on hand. Think:
- Sweet potato
Pro tip: if you are making these to hide vegetables from fussy kids, then use something that you can shred easily (carrots, apple, zucchini), as they will be much harder to identify.
Another tip: if you have a muffin pan that will fit or some silicone muffin cups then you can also cook these muffins in an air fryer (reduce the cook time to 15-20 minutes).
I’m a big fan of my air fryer, but I like to cook a big batch of these muffins, so I normally use my oven.
An easy recipe for cheesy vegetable muffins.
- 2 cups shredded vegetables (carrot, zucchini etc.)
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups white or wholemeal flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180C / 350F
- Place the vegetables into a large mixing bowl, and add the cheese, milk, yogurt, olive oil and egg. Stir until combined.
- Mix the flour and baking powder together and then slowly add to the wet ingredients. Fold in gently, until just combined – don’t over-stir!
- Spray a 12 hole muffin tray with oil or grease with butter. Spoon the mixture, equally, between the 12 muffin sections. Bake for 20-25 mins. Use a skewer to test your muffins a couple minutes before the end of the bake time - your skewer will come out clean if they are ready.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 318Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 395mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 5gSugar: 2gProtein: 13g
You may also like: