This open chicken lasagna is a quick alternative to traditional baked lasagna. Ready in just 20 minutes, it is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
How to make a quick chicken lasagna.
- ½ lb chicken breast, diced
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 2 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 8 oz tomato pasta sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- 8 sheets lasagna
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan
- Set a pan of salted water to heat.
- Shred the zucchini and roughly chop the spinach.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry pan.
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to pan and fry for 3-4 minutes until starting to brown.
- Add zucchini to pan and cook for ~1 minute.
- Add Spinach and pasta sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Add a splash of water if the sauce becomes a little dry.
Cook lasagna sheets
- When the pan of water come to the boil, place add lasagna sheets to the pan, and cook according to instructions. Stir occasionally.
Finish sauce and assemble the lasagna
- Remove from the heat and fold through the sour cream.
- Assemble the lasagna by placing one sheet of lasagna on each plate, and cover with a spoonful of the chicken mixture. Repeat until all sheets and chicken mixture have been used.
- Top with grated Parmesan and basil pesto.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 786Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 10gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 1027mgCarbohydrates: 97gFiber: 7gSugar: 13gProtein: 46g