A super simple recipe for classic pumpkin soup.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
How to make classic pumpkin soup.
- 2 lb pumpkin, (purchase pre-cut if you can)
- 1 onion
- 2 cups chicken (or vegetable) stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp sour cream, (optional)
- Peel pumpkin and cut into chunks. Peel onion and cut in half.
- Add to a saucepan with the stock. Cover and bring to the boil, simmer until pumpkin is tender.
- Use a stick blender to blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and stir through a spoonful of sour cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 136Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 184mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 5g