Try this classic Indonesian fried rice dish the next time you are looking for a quick and easy dinner. Ten minutes prep and ten minutes cooking time is all it takes.
How to make chicken nasi goreng the quick and easy way.
- 10 oz sliced chicken breast
- green beans
- 1 baby bok choy
- 1 tbsp nasi goreng paste
- 1 cup precooked rice , try Uncle Ben's Ready Rice
- cooking oil
- 1 tbsp crushed peanuts
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- kecap manis, (sweet soy sauce)
- Heat a drizzle of cooking oil in a large frying pan.
- Pat chicken dry, and stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, cut the green beans in half. Thinly slice the bok choy.
- Add beans to the pan, along with 1 tbsp of nasi goreng paste.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes.
Cook rice and bok choy
- While the beans are cooking, microwave the rice pack according to instructions on the pack (tear top 1in., microwave for 2 minutes).
- Add rice and bok choy to the pan with the chicken and beans.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until bok choy has softened and the dish is cooked through.
- Serve nasi goreng topped with crushed peanuts and mung bean sprouts. Add kecap manis to taste.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 450Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 378mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 7gSugar: 14gProtein: 39g
You may also like: