This recipe for rich flavorsome slow cooker beef stew is an easy winter warmer. Set it cooking in the morning and it can be ready when you get home from work.
How to cook beef stew in a slow cooker.
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 medium carrots (diced)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 beef stock cubes
- 2 lb diced beef
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- Put everything except the cornflour and parsley into the slow cooker (crumble the stock cubes).
- Cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4 hours.
- To thicken the gravy, gradually add a couple of tablespoons of liquid from the slow cooker, to the cornflour, stirring to first make a paste, then a thick liquid. Pour this back into the slow cooker, stirring well, and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Finally, stir in the parsley, and season to taste. Serve over rice or mashed potato.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 419Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 4gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 140mgSodium: 642mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 51g
…and try one of these easy dishes on the side: