This recipe for rich flavorsome slow cooker beef stew is an easy winter warmer. Set it cooking in the morning and it can be ready when you get home from work.
Slow Cooker Beef Stew
How to cook beef stew in a slow cooker.Print Pin
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours 30 minutes
Total Time: 8 hours 45 minutes
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 medium carrots (diced)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 beef stock cubes
- 2 lb diced beef
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- Put everything except the cornflour and parsley into the slow cooker (crumble the stock cubes).
- Cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4 hours.
- To thicken the gravy, gradually add a couple of tablespoons of liquid from the slow cooker, to the cornflour, stirring to first make a paste, then a thick liquid. Pour this back into the slow cooker, stirring well, and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Finally, stir in the parsley, and season to taste. Serve over rice or mashed potato.
Calories: 419kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 51g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 140mg | Sodium: 642mg | Potassium: 995mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 7685IU | Vitamin C: 5.9mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 5mg
Tags: beef stew
…and try one of these easy dishes on the side:
Error: View d14420cui8 may not exist