One of my favourite pieces of timesaving kitchen kit is my airfryer. I have a Philips Viva Turbostar, this one. I love it so much, I use almost every day (and sometimes several times a day). This is why:
- Fry, bake, grill and roast. It is just so versatile. The name air ‘fryer’ is a bit misleading really. I use it for toasted sandwiches, potato fries, roasting meat, baking muffins or puddings and so much more.
- Easy clean-up. Just bung it in the dishwasher (take the handle off first). Let’s be honest, when it comes to cooking accessories, if it can’t go in the dishwasher, I’m not interested. If you are thinking of getting an air dryer make sure you get one that is dishwasher safe, because not all of them are.
- Fast heat up, no preheating required. Saves time when cooking, and saves energy!
- Reduces cooking smells. The unit is enclosed, so not as much of the fat or odours from cooking can escape into your house compared with conventional frying or grilling.
- Delicious crispy food with less fat. You still need to use a little oil to get the good crispness, but I find a quick spray is usually enough.
- Set and forget. The turbostar airfryers are designed to circulate the heat around the food so that it cooks evenly without needing to be turned regularly.
What air fryer do you have, and what are its best features? Tell us in the comments below!