If you’re a fan of Chick-fil-A’s signature dipping sauce, you’ll be delighted to know that recreating it at home is easier than you think. With just a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time, you can whip up an amazing homemade Chick-fil-A sauce that’s perfect for dipping your chicken nuggets, drizzling over sandwiches, or even using it as a dressing for your favorite chicken salad.
Why you’ll love this homemade Chick-fil-A sauce
Who doesn’t love dipping their chicken nuggets or waffle fries in Chick-fil-A sauce? Fortunately, you don’t have to leave your home to indulge in this delicious sauce. You can make it right in the comfort of your own home!
- It is made from simple ingredients you probably already have in your pantry, and takes mere minutes to prepare.
- You can customize it to your taste preferences by adjusting the balance of flavors in the sauce, making it sweeter, spicier, or tangier to suit your own taste buds.
- Whipping up a batch of your own saves money compared to buying packets of the sauce.
Aside from enjoying it as a dipping sauce for your homemade chicken nuggets or sandwiches, you can also use it as a spread for burgers, a dressing for salads, or even a flavor booster for other dishes. The possibilities are truly endless!
Scroll down for the printable card for this Chick-fil-A sauce recipe, or read on for all the details.
What do you need?
To make your own delicious Chick-fil-A sauce at home, you just need five key ingredients:
- Mayonnaise: This is the base of the sauce and gives it a rich, creamy texture. Opt for full-fat mayonnaise to achieve the desired consistency.
- Barbecue sauce: This ingredient adds a smoky, tangy flavor to the mix. Use your favorite brand or one with a bit of spice to give the sauce an extra kick.
- Honey: A touch of sweetness is necessary to balance out the tangy mustard. Honey works well in this recipe, but you can also try using corn syrup or even maple syrup if you prefer.
- Mustard: The type of mustard you choose can affect the overall flavor of the sauce. Yellow mustard is an excellent choice, or use Dijon mustard for a bit more flavor.
- Lemon juice: To add just a little zing. You can adjust it to taste.
How to make Chick-fil-A sauce at home
To prepare the sauce, simply combine all the ingredients in a bowl, and whisk them together until thoroughly mixed with a smooth consistency.
Once you’ve mixed all the ingredients, your sauce is ready to be served immediately. If you prefer a thicker consistency or want to store it for later use, you can also pop the sauce in the refrigerator.
Tips for making Chick-fil-A sauce:
- Use fresh high-quality ingredients for the best flavor.
- If you prefer a thinner sauce, whisk in a little bit of water to reach the desired consistency.
- Feel free to adjust the proportions of the ingredients to suit your taste preferences. Add a little more honey for a sweeter version, or more mustard if you want more tang.
- Use as a dipping sauce for chicken nuggets or strips – The classic way to enjoy this sauce! Use it for dipping crispy homemade chicken (try Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets).
- Use as a salad dressing – The tangy flavor makes a great salad dressing combined with oil and vinegar.
- Use as a marinade or baste – Marinate chicken in the sauce or baste during cooking for extra juiciness.
- Use as a spread in burgers, chicken wraps, and sandwiches.
- Serve as a dipping sauce with fries or other fried vegetables – it’s delicious with fried zucchini, onions rings, etc.
Store your homemade Chick-fil-A sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Glass jars, plastic containers with tight-fitting lids, or squeeze bottles are ideal.
It is important to keep this sauce in the fridge because it is mayo-based as so has to stay chilled. Homemade Chick-fil-A sauce should last in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Homemade Chick-fil-A Sauce
- 1 cup mayo
- ½ cup bbq sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl.
- Mix with a fork or whisk until smooth.
- Store in an airtight bottle or jar in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Nutrition information is an estimate and provided for informational purposes only.