Air fryer roast vegetables couldn’t be any easier. This quick and simple recipe for roasting vegetables in an air fryer has minimal prep and takes just minutes to cook.
Try air frying for flavorsome tender roasted vegetables – you will never roast veges in your oven again. All root vegetables are prefect for this recipes, I like to use potato, pumpkin, sweet potato, carrot, beets, and onion.
To prepare the vegetables, simply give them a good wash, and cut into 1 inch wide chunks. You can do cubes, or wedge shapes, or any shape you prefer as long as they are no thicker than 1 inch thick. You will want to pat the vegetables dry with a paper towel before you air fry them, as this allows them to start to crisp up as soon as they start cooking (if they are not dry when they start cooking the surface moisture will need to evaporate before this can happen).
You can air fry them oil-less, but the more oil you use the more crunch you will get. I like to give them a good spray of oil, shake the basket and then spray again to ensure good oil coverage. You can also roast them with or without seasoning. Unflavored with just a little salt is one of my favorites, but you could try Cajun spice, Mexican spice, or herbs like rosemary and thyme.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 large potato
- 1 large carrot
- ¼ small pumpkin
- ½ tsp spice or herb mix optional
- Wash the vegetables or peel if preferred, and cut into chucnks no thicker than 1 inch (they can be as long as you like). Pat vegetabes dry.
- Place vegetables in air fryer basket and spray with olive oil. Add spice if desired. Shake and spray with oil again.
- Cook in the air fryer at 360°F (180°C) for 5 minutes. Remove basket and shake.
- Return to the air fryer and cook for a further 5-10 minutes until golden brown.
You may also like: