Tender air fryer roast pork loin – simple and delicious. Roasting a pork loin in an air fryer is a great option, it is quick and extremely easy, and gives great results (tender with extra crispy crackle!).
How to Roast Pork in an Air Fryer
Cooking a pork roast in an air fryer oven has to be the easiest way to cook a pork roast. Simple prep and quick cooking time. Oil and salt the pork, then just set the air fryer to roast for 25 minutes per lb of pork. Done!
How to Choose a Pork Roast
When buying your pork roast, be sure to choose one that will fit in your air fryer. I usually find that a 2lb pork roast is perfect for 4 (with some leftovers for roast pork sandwiches the next day!).
Choose a boneless pork loin, or any small pork roast. Pork tenderloin (or filet) is also great to roast in an air fryer, but cooking times will be less due to the shape of this cut. Try halving the cooking times and adding additional 5 minute intervals until it is cooked to your liking.
How long to roast pork in an air fryer
The rule of thumb is to air fry a pork roast for 25 minutes per lb. So a 2lb pork roast needs 50 minutes.
If you are cooking a tenderloin, expect to halve the cooking time – around 25 minutes for medium-rare for a 2lb roast due to the shape of this cut.
|Size of pork roast||Air fryer cook time|
|1 lb / 450g||25 minutes|
|1.5 lb / 700g||38 minutes|
|2 lb / 900g||50 minutes|
|2.5 lb / 1.2kg||1 hr 5 minutes|
|3 lb / 1.4kg||1 hr 15 minutes|
Remember cooking times do vary according to the size and shape of the cut of pork you are cooking, and will also depend on how efficient your air fryer is.
The best way to tell whether your pork roast is cooked is to use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature – for roast pork it should be 145°F / 63°C.
The best meat thermometer I have found to use with an air fryer is the Meater [affiliate link]. This is a truly wireless meat thermometer, it is like a skewer that you stick in the meat and then uses Bluetooth to tell your phone when the meat is cooked perfectly.
I use it way more than I thought I would, and it is just perfect to use with an air fryer as there are no wires.
What to serve with roast pork
Try one of these easy side dishes that go great with this roast pork:
- Air fryer vegetables – if your air fryer is large enough you can add them in to the basket with the pork toward the end of the pork cooking time. Remember they can cook for 10 minutes at the end on their own while the pork roast is resting.
- Microwave steamed vegetables – prepare the veggies while the pork is roasting, start them steaming while the roast pork is resting.
Air Fryer Pork Loin Recipe
How to roast a pork loin in an air fryer.
- 2 lb pork loin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat air fryer oven to 360°F (180°C).
- If the pork loin has rind, cut the skin with a sharp knife and ensure that it has deep scores right through.
- Drizzle the oil over the pork roast and rub into skin. Sprinkle salt over the skin and rub in.
- Cook pork loin in air fryer for 50 minutes (25 minutes per lb of meat).
- To check pork is cooked, pierce the thickest part with a knife: if the juices run clear, the pork is cooked. If you are unsure, check with a meat thermometer - pork is cooked when the thermometer shows 145°F (63°C).
- Remove from air fryer, cover with kitchen foil and leave to rest for ten minutes before serving. If the crackling is not quite as crisp as you would like it at this point, remove it before resting the meat, and put back into the air fryer for ten minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 849mgProtein: 33g
You may also like: