Tender air fryer roast pork loin – simple and delicious. Roasting a pork loin in an air fryer is a great option, it is quick and extremely easy, and gives great results (tender with extra crispy crackle!).
Cooking a pork roast in an air fryer oven has to be the easiest way to cook a pork roast. Simple prep and quick cooking time. Oil and salt the pork roast, then just set the air fryer to roast for 25 minutes per lb of pork. Done!
When buying your pork roast, be sure to choose one that will fit in your air fryer. I usually find that a 2lb pork roast is perfect for 4 (with some leftovers for roast pork sandwiches the next day!). This is actually slightly over the capacity of my Philips Viva Airfryer, but it seems to roast fine.
Use a boneless pork loin, or any small pork roast. Pork tenderloin (or filet) is also great to roast in an air fryer, but cooking times will be less due to the shape of this cut. Try halving the cooking times and adding additional 5 minute intervals until it is cooked to your liking.
How long to roast pork in an air fryer
The rule of thumb is to air fry a pork roast for 25 minutes per lb. So a 2lb pork roast needs 50 minutes. If you are cooking a tenderloin, expect to halve the cooking time – around 25 minutes for medium-rare for a 2lb roast.
These times are just a guide, however, and I would never try to cook a pork roast without using a meat thermometer. It is the easiest way to ensure that meat is correctly cooked. I recently discovered the Meater [affiliate link] – this is a truly wireless meat thermometer. It is like a skewer that you stick in the meat and then uses Bluetooth to tell your phone when the meat is ready (you have to keep your phone nearby). I use it way more than I thought I would, and it is just perfect to use with an air fryer as there are no wires.
Check out our post on how long to roast pork in an air fryer for cooking times for other sizes of pork loin.
What to serve with roast pork
Try one of these easy side dishes that go great with this roast pork:
- Air fryer roast potatoes – you can just put them in the basket with the roasting pork loin when there is about 25 minutes of cooking time left. Or cook them for 15 minutes before air frying the pork roast, then put them back in the air fryer to cook for 10 minutes while the pork roast is resting.
- Microwave steamed broccoli or microwave steamed carrots – prep while the pork is roasting, start them steaming while the roast pork is resting.
- Air fryer pumpkin – prepare while the pork is roasting, then air fry while the pork is resting.
- 2 lb pork loin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat air fryer oven to 360°F (180°C).
- If the pork loin has rind, cut the skin with a sharp knife and ensure that it has deep scores right through.
- Drizzle the oil over the pork roast and rub into skin. Sprinkle salt over the skin and rub in.
- Cook pork loin in air fryer for 50 minutes (25 minutes per lb of meat).
- To check pork is cooked, pierce the thickest part with a knife: if the juices run clear, the pork is cooked. If you are unsure, check with a meat thermometer – pork is cooked when the thermometer shows 145°F (63°C).
- Remove from air fryer, cover with kitchen foil and leave to rest for ten minutes before serving. If the crackling is not quite as crisp as you would like it at this point, remove it before resting the meat, and put back into the air fryer for ten minutes.
You may also like: