A simple air fryer pork chop recipe everyone will love. Tender, juicy, and super-flavorful! Boneless or bone-in chops can be used, no breading is needed.
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my affiliate policy here.
How to Cook Pork Chops in an Air Fryer
Air frying pork chops is so quick and easy, and is a healthier option than conventional frying as no extra oil is needed and excess fat can drain away during cooking. The air fryer that I have* even claims to remove the saturated fat from food making it even healthier!
Scroll down for the recipe card for this air fryer pork chop recipe, or read on for all the details!
Pork chops: I normally use loin chops, but shoulder/blade chops, rib chops, or sirloin chops. You can use any type of pork chops really, though this recipe is for bone-in pork chops. Boneless pork chops have a slightly shorter cook time, so follow this recipe for air fryer pork steaks if you have boneless chops.
Seasoning: I like to add a little seasoning, but a pinch of salt and pepper is all that is needed. Sometimes I also add a sprinkle of sugar, which can really help with getting the surface to caramelize to a golden brown.
Step 1. Preheat air fryer: Set your air fryer temperature to 360°F/180°C and turn on for around 3 minutes. Not all air fryers need to be preheated, so check your manual if you are unsure whether you need to do this.
Step 2. Season the pork chops: Pat pork chops dry and sprinkle with seasoning.
Step 3. Air fry pork chops: Place pork chops in air fryer basket, ensure they are not touching. Air fry pork chops for 8-12 minutes, until they are golden brown and at least 145°F/66°C in the center of the thickest part. Use an instant-read meat thermometer to check internal temperature.
Step 4. Rest pork chops: Remove the chops and cover with kitchen foil to rest for at least 5 minutes before serving. Resting meat after cooking allows the juices to reabsorb into the meat so it remains succulent.
I love how versatile pork chops are, you can serve them in so many different ways. They make an excellent pork dinner for the family, here are some ideas to try:
- Pair with a side of slaw and fries for a tasty family dinner (or try air fryer potato wedges, air fryer French fries, or air fryer sweet potato fries)
- Serve with a side of fresh steamed vegetables and creamy ranch dressing, (for a simple way to steam vegetables in a microwave check out these recipes: microwave steamed vegetables)
- Slice and serve with rice, steamed vegetables and teriyaki sauce
Storing and reheating
Store any leftover pork chops in an air-tight container in the refrigerator, and use within 3 days.
You can reheat the pork chops in the air fryer, air fry for 3-4 minutes until warmed through. Alternatively, you can reheat them in the microwave, 1-2 minutes on high.
Air fryer pork chops recipe card
How to cook pork chops in an air fryer.
- 1 pork chop (approx 4 oz)
- 1/2 tsp seasoning
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F (180°C).
- Pat the pork chop dry, and season with salt and pepper, or with your favorite seasoning.
- Place the pork chop in air fryer basket. If you are cooking more than one be careful they do not to overlap.
- Air fry pork chops for 12 minutes. They will be golden brown when done, but if you are unsure, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature - it should be 145°F (62.8°C).
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 64mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 1gProtein: 29g
You may also like:
- Air fryer lamb chops
- Air fryer pork schnitzel
- Air fryer pork burgers
- Air fryer roast pork
- Air fryer pork recipes
- Air fryer steak
*This blog post contains affiliate links, this means if you click on a link and go on to buy the product I recommend, I will get a small commission, but you will not be charged a cent more – thanks in advance for your support!