A simple recipe for basic mashed potato.
Basic Mashed Potato Recipe
A basic recipe for how to make mashed potato.Print Pin
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 27 minutes
Servings: 4 People
- 2 lb (4 medium) potatoes choose a nice fluffy variety like Idaho, Russet, King Edward or Maris Piper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Half fill a large saucepan with water and put on heat.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into approx. 1 inch chunks. Carefully place into the heating water (remember the water will be hot and may splash).
- Bring to the boil and cook until potatoes are tender but still firm, approximately 15 minutes. Drain
- Option 1: Use a potato masher or a fork to break the potatoes up, then slowly add the milk, butter, salt and pepper, blending into the potatoes until smooth.
- Option 2: Put the potatoes through a potato ricer, then blend the milk, butter, salt and pepper in.
Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 99mg | Potassium: 1017mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 275IU | Vitamin C: 25.8mg | Calcium: 137mg | Iron: 7.3mg
Tags: mashed potato