A simple recipe for basic mashed potato.
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 27 minutes
A basic recipe for how to make mashed potato.
- 2 lb (4 medium) potatoes, choose a nice fluffy variety like Idaho, Russet, King Edward or Maris Piper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Half fill a large saucepan with water and put on heat.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into approx. 1 inch chunks. Carefully place into the heating water (remember the water will be hot and may splash).
- Bring to the boil and cook until potatoes are tender but still firm, approximately 15 minutes. Drain
- Option 1: Use a potato masher or a fork to break the potatoes up, then slowly add the milk, butter, salt and pepper, blending into the potatoes until smooth.
- Option 2: Put the potatoes through a potato ricer, then blend the milk, butter, salt and pepper in.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 99mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 7g
You may also like: