This recipe for air fryer corn on the cob is an amazing way to enjoy fresh corn on the cob. It is crispy, juicy and full of flavor. Plus, it is very easy to make!
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my affiliate policy here.
Why you’ll love this recipe
There are few summertime delights tastier than grilled sweet corn on the cob, and now you can make it even more easily with your air fryer.
Grilling corn on the cob is in your air fryer is a great option for those days when you dont want to turn on your grill.
It only takes a few minutes to cook, and it is tender and juicy, with that wonderful charred flavor you can normally only get from the grill or barbecue.
Scroll down for the printable card for this easy air fryer corn on the cob recipe, or read on for all the details!
What do you need?
Corn on the cob
This recipe is best made with fresh corn on the cob (the fresher, the better IMO). However, you can also use frozen corn if that is what you have to hand.
I normally use olive oil, but corn oil, vegetable oil, or avocado oil are all good too. Choose an oil spray that spritzes (rather than an aerosol), or you can drizzle or lightly brush it on with a basting brush.
When choosing an olive oil spray for your air fryer, look for the type that spritzes rather than an aerosol. The propellant in aerosol oil sprays can damage the non-stick coating of your air fryer.
How to cook corn in an air fryer
This recipe is very simple, but there are a few simple steps to getting it just right:
- If you are using fresh corn, remove the husk (the outer leaves and stringy bits). I often cut it into 3-4 inch sections before air frying, but you can also roast the whole cob if it fits in your air fryer.
- Spray or brush the corn with oil.
- Place the corn in the air fryer basket. It is best if it is not jammed in there too tightly as you want the hot air to be able to roast all sides of the corn evenly.
- Air fry corn at 360°F/ 180°C for 12-17 minutes. Frozen corn cobs will take 3-4 minutes longer than fresh corn.
The exact cooking time will depend on a few factors, including how large your corn cobs are and how powerful your air fryer is.
Top cooked corn with melted butter, or sprinkle with kosher salt. Or, for a Mexican street corn style, try this simple seasoning:
- While the corn is still hot, brush generously with mayonnaise, sprinkle with cayenne pepper or smoked paprika, and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with sour cream and lime wedges, and squeeze lime juice over the corn just before eating.
Storing and reheating
Store any leftover corn in an airtight container in the refrigerator and use within 3 days.
You can reheat corn in the air fryer or the microwave:
- Air fry for 2-3 minutes until warmed through.
- Microwave on High for 1-2 minutes until warmed through.
How to cook corn on the cob in an air fryer.
- 2 fresh corn cobs [Note 1]
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F/ 180°C.
- Remove the husk from the corn cobs and cut each into two pieces.
- Place corn in air fryer basket, and spray with olive oil.
- Air fryer corn on the cob for 12-15 minutes until starting to turn golden brown.
- Carefully remove from air fryer and enjoy!
- You can also use frozen corn on the cob, but cook times will be a few minutes longer.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 73Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information is an estimate and provided for informational purposes only.
Looking for more recipes?
Check out our recipe index where you can browse recipes by category and meal type!