Looking for a delicious and easy weeknight meal? Try air fryer pork chops and potatoes! The pork chops cook quickly and evenly in the air fryer, and the potatoes are crispy and delicious. This meal is perfect for busy weeknights!
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my affiliate policy here.
How to cook pork chops and potatoes in the air fryer (at the same time!)
If you’re looking for a delicious, easy weeknight meal then you can’t go past this recipe for cooking pork chops and potatoes in the air fryer! This dish is a breeze to make and only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish.
The real beauty of this recipe is that you can cook the pork chops and the potatoes together in the air fryer. Add a simple side salad or some steamed vegetables, and that’s your whole meal sorted!
Scroll down for the printable card for this pork chops and potatoes air fryer meal recipe, or read on for all the details.
Pork chops: I use boneless pork loin chops or pork sirloin chops. Choose chops that are around ½-1 inch thick. You can use bone-in chops, however, they will take a little longer to cook (see notes in recipe card below).
Potatoes: The recipe below uses baby potatoes, but you can also use regular potatoes cut into 1- to 2-inch cubes.
Choose a roasting variety. Most types of red potatoes, yellow or gold should give good results. Try russet, Maris Piper, Agria, or Sebago potatoes.
Seasoning: This recipe uses fine ground sea salt to season the potatoes and a pork seasoning mix. Either use your favorite pre-made spice blend, or you can make a simple homemade mix using:
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder or onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
Please feel free to adapt the seasonings to your taste preferences.
Oil: I use light olive oil in this recipe, but you can substitute any other cooking oil that you would normally use in your air fryer. Choose one with a high smoke point, like corn oil, vegetable oil, or avocado oil.
You will need an air fryer with a big enough capacity to hold 2 pounds (1kg) for the recipe below.
If you have a small air fryer, which doesn’t have a huge capacity, you have two options.
- You can adjust the quantities to match your air fryer’s capacity, or
- You can part-cook the potatoes for 15 minutes ahead of cooking the pork chops, remove and cover them while you cook the chops. Then return the potatoes to finish cooking for five to ten minutes once the pork is resting.
How to make the BEST air fryer pork chops and potatoes
The secret to cooking pork chops and potatoes in the air fryer at the same time is getting the timings just right. This is a very simple recipe, but here are a few important steps.
- Prepare the pork chops. Pat the pork chops dry, then place in a medium bowl with a drizzle of oil and the pork seasoning.
- Air fry pork chops for 5 minutes at 360°F/180°C while you prepare the potatoes.
- Prepare the potatoes. Wash the potatoes (if required), cut any larger than 2 inches in half, and pat dry on a clean dish towel or paper towel. Mix the potatoes with the remaining oil and sea salt in a large bowl. Add the potatoes to the air fryer with the pork chops.
- Air fry pork chops and potatoes together for 10 minutes. Check internal temperature of the chops to ensure they have reached 145°F/63°C. Remove chops to a plate and cover with kitchen foil to rest for ten minutes.
- Finish cooking the potatoes. Shake the potatoes in the air fryer basket to redistribute them. This ensures that they cook evenly. Then air fry the potatoes on their own for a final ten minutes while the pork chops rest.
I normally serve pork chops and potatoes with a side salad and a tasty dressing or sauce like sweet chili mayo, ranch dressing, or bbq sauce.
For some other easy and healthy side dish options, try:
Storage and reheating
Store any leftovers in an air tight container in the refrigerator and use within 3 days.
To reheat, place the chops and potatoes in the air fryer, and set to cook at 360°F/180°C for ten minutes, until the internal temperature of the chicken is 145°F/63°C.
How to cook pork chops and potatoes in an air fryer (at the same time!)
- 2 pork chops, boneless, ½-1-inch thick
- 1lb baby russet potatoes [Note 1]
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil (divided)
- 3 teaspoons pork seasoning [Note 2]
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F/180°C.
- Pat the pork chops dry, place in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of oil and the seasoning, and toss to coat.
- Place the pork chop in the air fryer and cook at 360°F/180°C for 5 minutes while you prepare the potatoes.
- Wash potatoes (if required) and pat them dry. Cut any larger than 2-inches in half. Place in a large bowl, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add the salt, and toss to coat.
- When the air fryer cooking time is up, add the potatoes to the air fryer basket, with the pork chops.
- Air fry pork chops and potatoes together for 10 minutes.
- When the cook time is up check the internal temperature of the chops to ensure they have reached 145°F/63°C [Note 3].
- Remove the pork chops to a plate and cover with kitchen foil to rest for ten minutes.
- Shake the air fryer basket to redistribute the potatoes [Note 4], then air fry the potatoes for a final 10 minutes while the pork chops rest.
- Serve air-fried pork chops and potatoes with a side salad, and enjoy!
- You can also use regular potatoes cut into 1-2 inch pieces. Choose a roasting variety, such as Yukon Gold, Maris Piper, Agria, or Sebago potatoes, or another red, yellow or golden variety.
- Or make a simple homemade mix from: 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon brown sugar, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Use an instant-read thermometer.
- Or use tongs to quickly flip them if you have a tray type air fryer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 751Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 138mgSodium: 841mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 5gSugar: 2gProtein: 48g
Nutrition information is an estimate and provided for informational purposes only.
You may also like:
- Air fryer chicken breast and potatoes
- How to reheat pork chops in an air fryer
- Air fryer chicken thighs and potatoes
- Air fryer pork steaks
- Air fryer pork chops
- Air fryer pork loin roast
- Air fryer steak bites with mushrooms
Looking for more recipes?
Check out our recipe index where you can browse recipes by category and meal type!