Air fryer pork steaks are succulent and tasty and very easy to cook. They make a quick and easy mid-week dinner, and are great paired with fries and a salad, or a side of steamed veg.
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my affiliate policy here.
How to cook pork steaks in an air fryer
Air frying is a great way to cook pork steaks to get them really crispy and delicious, but without adding a lot of extra fat. The air fryer that I have* even claims to remove the saturated fat from food making it even healthier!
This recipe can be used for pork steaks, or boneless pork chops. If you have bone-in pork chops, then check out this recipe: air fryer pork chops. The recipe below if for unbreaded pork steaks. If you want to use breading, you can follow the recipe for air fryer pork schnitzel, but use the cook times in this recipe.
Air frying is a great way to cook pork. It gets it crispy on the outside, while the inside remains tender and succulent. Some of my favorite air fryer pork recipes are this air fryer pork roast recipe, and air fryer pork belly, just check out that perfect crackling!
Scroll down for the printable recipe card for these air fryer pork steaks, or read on for all the details.
- Pork steaks: I use pork loin steaks, but any tender boneless cut of pork will do.
- Oil: I generally use light olive oil when cooking with my air fryer, but you can substitute any cooking oil that you have. Try to use one with a high smoke point as this helps to reduce the amount of smoke generated during cooking. Use approximately ½ tablespoon of oil for two pork steaks.
- Seasoning: I use a store-bought seasoning, but you can easily make your own from a mix of salt, paprika, brown sugar and garlic powder. Some other flavors that try are: cajun seasoning, garlic and fennel, or something with a bit of a kick like piripiri.
Step 1. Preheat air fryer: Set your air fryer temperature to 390°F/200°C and turn on for around 3 minutes. Not all air fryers need to be preheated, so check your manual if you are unsure if you need to do this.
Step 2. Season the pork steaks: Mix oil and seasoning in a bowl. Pat pork steaks dry and add to the bowl. Toss to coat in the oil-seasoning mix.
Step 3. Air fry pork steaks: Place pork steaks in air fryer basket, ensure they are not touching. Air fry pork steaks for 8-12 minutes, until they are golden brown and at least 145°F/66°C in the center of the thickest part. Use an instant-read meat thermometer to check internal temperature.
Step 4. Rest pork steaks: Remove the pork steaks and cover with kitchen foil to rest for at least 5 minutes before serving. Resting meat after cooking allows the juices to reabsorb into the meat so it remains succulent.
I have been asked ‘what is that sticking out of the pork steaks in these photos?’. It is my Meater wireless meat thermometer, which I like to use when I am cooking meat in my air fryer to make sure it gets to the perfect temperature. Shop it on Amazon here*.
I love how versatile pork steaks are, you can serve them in so many different ways. They make an excellent pork dinner for the family, here are some ideas to try:
- Pair with a side of slaw and fries for a tasty family dinner
- Serve with a side of fresh steamed vegetables and creamy ranch dressing, (for a simple way to steam vegetables in a microwave check out these recipes: microwave steamed vegetables)
- Serve between slices of bread with slaw or salad for the most delicious pork sandwiches
- Slice and serve with rice, steamed vegetables and teriyaki sauce
Storing and reheating
Store any leftover pork steaks in an air-tight container in the refrigerator, and use within 3 days.
You can reheat the pork steaks in the air fryer, air fry for 3-4 minutes until warmed through. Alternatively, you can reheat them in the microwave, 1-2 minutes on high.
Air fryer pork steaks recipe card
How to cook pork steaks in an air fryer.
- 2 pork steaks (1 inch thick)
- ½ tablespoon light olive oil (or other cooking oil)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning
- Preheat air fryer to 390°F/200°C.
- Mix oil and seasoning in a bowl. Pat pork steaks dry and add to the bowl. Toss to coat in the oil-seasoning mix.
- Place pork steaks in air fryer basket, ensure they are not touching.
- Air fry pork steaks for 8-12 minutes, until they are golden brown and at least 145°F/66°C in the center of the thickest part [Note 1].
- Remove the pork steaks and cover with kitchen foil to rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Use an instant-read meat thermometer to check internal temperature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 469Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 161mgSodium: 877mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 43g
Nutrition information is an estimate and provided for informational purposes only.
You may also like:
- Air fryer pork tenderloin
- Air fryer pork burgers
- Air fryer steak
- Air fryer lamb steaks
- Air fryer pork recipes
*This blog post contains affiliate links, this means if you click on a link and go on to buy the product I recommend, I will get a small commission, but you will not be charged a cent more – thanks in advance for your support!