Make juicy, tender pork steaks with an incredibly crispy exterior in way less time with these air fryer pork steaks! By cooking pork steaks in the air fryer, you can achieve that grilled pork flavor in the convenience of your kitchen. Seasoned simply with just a bit of oil and your favorite spices, this quick and easy recipe lets you get a fast, flavorful weeknight dinner on the table in next to no time!
Why you’ll love this recipe
Air frying is a great way to cook pork steaks to get them really crispy and delicious, while the inside remains tender and succulent.
This recipe can be used for pork steaks, or for boneless pork chops (if you have bone-in pork chops, then check out this recipe: air fryer pork chops).
Scroll down for the printable recipe card for these air fryer pork steaks, or read on for all the details.
What do you need?
I use pork loin steaks, but any tender boneless cut of pork will do.
I generally use light olive oil when cooking with my air fryer, but you can substitute any cooking oil that you have.
Try to use a cooking oil with a high smoke point as this helps to reduce the amount of smoke generated during cooking. Use approximately ½ tablespoon of oil for two pork steaks.
When air frying, choose a cooking oil with a high smoke point to reduce the chance of your air fryer smoking.
I use a store-bought seasoning, but you can easily make your own from a mix of salt, paprika, brown sugar, and garlic powder.
Some other flavors to try are: cajun seasoning, garlic and fennel, or something with a bit of a kick like cayenne pepper.
How to cook pork steaks in an air fryer
Step 1. Preheat air fryer: Set your air fryer temperature to 400°F/200°C and turn it on for around 3 minutes.
Step 2. Prepare the pork steaks: Trim any excess fat or rind from the pork steaks. Brush steaks with a little oil, then sprinkle with seasoning and rub in.
Step 3. Air fry pork steaks: Place the pork steak in the air fryer basket. If you are cooking multiple pork steaks, ensure they are not touching. Air fry for 8-10 minutes, until they are golden brown and cooked through*.
Step 4. Rest pork steaks: Remove the pork steaks and cover with kitchen foil, and leave to rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.
It is important to rest meat following cooking so the juices can reabsorb into the meat so it stays succulent and juicy.
*How long to air fry pork steaks?
The exact cooking times for this recipe will depend on a few factors including how large your pork steaks are and how powerful your air fryer is.
A pork loin steak around 1-inch thick should take around 8 to cook. However, you will need to adjust the cooking time if the pork chops are much thicker or thinner. It is best to monitor the temperature to tell when pork steaks are cooked.
As always, it is important to check that your pork is correctly cooked using an instant-read meat thermometer. The USDA recommends that pork steaks be cooked to at least 145°F/66°C.
If needed, air fry for additional 1-2 minute intervals until the safe temperature is reached.
Use an instant read thermometer to measure the temperature in the center of the thickest part of the meat for an accurate temperature reading.
One of the great things about pork steaks is that they are totally versatile, you can serve them just about any way you like to suit any tastes. Here are some ideas to try:
- Pair with a side of slaw and fries for a tasty family dinner
- Serve with a side of fresh steamed vegetables and creamy ranch dressing, (for a simple way to steam vegetables in a microwave check out these recipes: microwave steamed vegetables)
- Serve between slices of bread with slaw or salad for the most delicious pork sandwiches
- Slice and serve with rice, steamed vegetables, and teriyaki sauce
>> Related recipe: Air fryer pork chops and potatoes
Storing and reheating
Store any leftover pork steaks in an air-tight container in the refrigerator, and use within 3 days.
You can reheat the pork steaks in the air fryer, air fry for 3-4 minutes until warmed through (see how to reheat pork chops in the air fryer).
Air Fryer Pork Steaks
- 1 pork steak approx. 1 inch/ 2.5cm thick
- ½ tablespoon light olive oil or other cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoning
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F / 200°C.
- Rub pork steak with oil, then sprinkle with seasoning and rub in.
- Place pork steaks in air fryer basket. If you are cooking more than one, ensure they are not touching.
- Air fry pork steaks for 8-12 minutes, until they are golden brown and at least 145°F / 66°C in the center of the thickest part [Note 1].
- Remove the pork steaks and cover with kitchen foil to rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Use an instant-read meat thermometer to check internal temperature.
Nutrition information is an estimate and provided for informational purposes only.