A super simple recipe for a baked mac and cheese. No need to pre-cook the macaroni!
Cheats Macaroni Cheese
The cheats way to make macaroni cheese.Print Pin
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 people
- 4 cups milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups macaroni (uncooked)
- 1 cups vegetables (eg. caulifower florets, grated carrot, corn kernels, baby spinach)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3 cups shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- Add milk, salt and pepper into a large pot. Bring to the boil, then add macaroni and any vegetables that will require cooking (eg cauliflower). Reduce heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Mix in remaining veges (eg baby spinach, corn kernels, grated carrot) and 2 cups of the cheese.
- Transfer to an oven-proof dish and top with remaining cheese and breadcrumbs. Place under a preheated broiler and cook until golden (about 5 minutes).
- Serve at once.
Calories: 648kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 1268mg | Potassium: 640mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 19.3% | Vitamin C: 6.9% | Calcium: 73.5% | Iron: 9.2%