This simple creamy chicken and leek pasta is a family favorite at my house. It is packed with veges, full of flavor, and ready in only 20 minutes!
This recipe is so simple to make, and is so delicious you would never know it has only six ingredients!
All you have to do is cook the chicken, leek and capsicum together in a large fry pan, add the cooked pasta and stir through the sour cream. If you are a cheese fiend like I am, then try topping it with grated Parmesan to serve.
Creamy Chicken and Leek Pasta
- 10 oz chicken strips or chunks
- 1 tbsp chicken spices
- 1/2 leek
- 1 capsicum
- 4 oz sour cream or creme fraiche
- 1/2 cup water reserved from draining the cooked pasta
- 1 cup fusilli pasta
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan optional
- Put a medium pot of water on the heat (this is to cook the pasta later).
- Prepare the vegetables by thinly slicing the leek, and dicing the capsicum.
- Place chicken in a bowl, drizzle with oil, add the chicken spices, season with salt and pepper. Turn the chicken to coat it well in the spice mix.
Cook the pasta
- When the pasta water has come to the boil, add the pasta and cook according to the pack instructions (approx. 12 mins).
- Drain when cooked, reserving approximately 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Stir a drizzle of olive oil through the pasta to prevent it sticking together.
- Cook the chicken and vegetables while the pasta is cooking
While the pasta is cooking, cook the sauce
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a pan. Cook the leeks until starting to soften (approximately 3 minutes).
- Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and cook for approximately 1 minute until starting to soften.
- Add the reserved pasta water to the pan, and cook for approximately 5 minutes until the chicken has cooked through.
Finish the dish
- Remove from the heat, and add the cooked pasta to the pan.
- Stir through the sour cream or creme fraiche.
- Optional: top with Parmesan to serve.