Rich and hearty, this creamy bacon and mushroom pasta is a winter warmer and ready in no time. Quick and easy to cook, and only 4 ingredients make this an excellent mid-week dinner for when you are short on time.
This recipe for creamy bacon and mushroom pasta is one of the easiest I know. Hearty mushrooms and bacon, combined with sour cream make a simple yet delicious pasta sauce, which is ready in no time at all. Great for those mid-week evenings when you want to get dinner on the table in a hurry.
If I know I am going to be really short on time after work I will prepare the mushrooms and bacon in the morning or the night before so everything is ready ahead of time, so it can go straight in the pan when I am ready to cook.
I like to serve this dish with a crunchy green side salad to balance out the creamy richness of the pasta. To keep things simple I often just toss some cos or baby salad leaves in a bowl with balsamic dressing.
Bacon and Mushroom Pasta
- 4 oz bacon (approx 4 rashers)
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 4 oz light sour cream
- 8 oz uncooked pasta
- drizzle olive oil
- Put a medium pot of salted water on to heat.
- Slice the mushrooms.
- Cut bacon into ½ inch pieces.
- When the water has come to the boil add the dried pasta, and cook according to packet instructions (approx. 10-12 minutes).
Cook sauce (while the pasta is cooking)
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium pan. When it is hot add the bacon and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add another drizzle of oil, and add the sliced mushrooms. Cook until soft (approx. 4 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir through sour cream.
- Drain pasta, reserving ¼ cup of pasta water.
- Add pasta and reserved pasta water to the pan with the sauce and stir to combine well.
You may also like:
- Creamy pesto chicken fettuccine
- Chicken and leek pasta
- Instant Pot chicken and pumpkin risotto
- Quick open chicken lasagna