Rich and hearty, this creamy bacon and mushroom pasta is a winter warmer and ready in no time. Quick and easy to cook, and only 4 ingredients make this an excellent mid-week dinner for when you are short on time.
Quick Creamy Bacon and Mushroom Pasta
This recipe for creamy bacon and mushroom pasta is one of the easiest I know. Hearty mushrooms and bacon, combined with sour cream make a simple yet delicious pasta sauce, which is ready in no time at all. Great for those mid-week evenings when you want to get dinner on the table in a hurry.
If I know I am going to be really short on time after work I will prepare the mushrooms and bacon in the morning or the night before and stash it in the fridge. That way everything is ready ahead of time, and it can go straight in the pan when I am ready to cook.
I like to serve this dish with a crunchy green side salad to balance out the creamy richness of the pasta. To keep things simple I often just toss some cos or baby salad leaves in a bowl with balsamic dressing.
How to cook quick bacon and mushroom pasta
- 4 oz bacon, (approx 4 rashers)
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 4 oz light sour cream
- 8 oz uncooked pasta
- drizzle olive oil
- Put a medium pot of salted water on to heat.
- Slice the mushrooms.
- Cut bacon into ½ inch pieces.
- When the water has come to the boil add the dried pasta, and cook according to packet instructions (approx. 10-12 minutes).
Cook sauce (while the pasta is cooking)
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium pan. When it is hot add the bacon and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add another drizzle of oil, and add the sliced mushrooms. Cook until soft (approx. 4 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir through sour cream.
- Drain pasta, reserving ¼ cup of pasta water.
- Add pasta and reserved pasta water to the pan with the sauce and stir to combine well.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 760Total Fat: 30.6gSaturated Fat: 11.7gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 57.3mgSodium: 428mgCarbohydrates: 93gFiber: 4.8gSugar: 5.4gProtein: 27.4g
You may also like: