Air fryer roasted butternut squash is a delicious and easy side dish to make at this time of year. Spiced or unspiced, you won’t find an easier recipe to air fry butternut squash!
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my affiliate policy here.
How to Roast Butternut Squash in an Air Fryer
I love the aroma of butternut squash roasting in my air fryer. Sweet and rich, with a hint of spice, always reminds me of this time of year when the days are getting shorter and the nights are getting cooler.
Air fried butternut squash is a great side dish, it is very easy to prepare, and very quick to cook in the air fryer. We probably have it with dinner around once per week at this time of year.
How to prepare butternut squash
To prepare butternut squash for roasting in an air fryer:
- Cut it in half
- Scrape the seeds and stringy bits out
- Peel it (use a regular vegetable peeler), and
- Cut it into 1-2 inch chunks
Seasoning butternut squash
The flavor of squash is so versatile that you can use all kinds of spice and seasonings. Try:
- Cajun spice
- Mexican spice
- Cinnamon and nutmeg
- Pumpkin pie spice
Of course it will also be delicious roasted plain or with just a little salt!
To add the seasoning you can either just sprinkle it over the squash once it is placed in the air fryer basket. This is what I usually do, and it works great, though the seasoning is not always perfectly distributed.
If you want more even coverage, you can mix the oil, seasoning and squash pieces together in a bowl until well coated.
Air Fryer Butternut Squash Recipe
How to cook butternut squash in an air fryer
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 tsp all spice
- olive oil spray
- Peel butternut squash, and cut into 1-2 inch chunks.
- Give the air fryer basket a quick spray with olive oil, add the butternut squash, spray with oil, and shake the basket to distribute the oil over the squash pieces.
- Give the squash another spray of oil, and sprinkle the spice over the squash. Gently shake the basket to distribute the spice over the squash pieces.
- Place basket in air fryer and air fry squash for 15 minutes.
- The squash is ready when it is tender and turning a golden orange color. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 50Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
You may also like:
- Air fryer vegetable recipes
- Air fryer roasted pumpkin
- Air fryer roast potatoes
- Air fryer roasted vegetables
Looking for more recipes?
Check out our recipe index where you can browse recipes by category and meal type!