Air fryer carrots – the easiest most delicious way of cooking carrots. The next time you need a side dish in a hurry, try carrots roasted to sweet, tender perfection in the air fryer.
How To Cook Carrots in an Air Fryer
Air fryer carrots are one of my favorite winter side dishes (though it is just as delicious in the summer time!). Sweet, melt in the mouth, roasted carrots, quick to prepare and ready in no time thanks to my trusty air fryer!
It is such a simple recipe you will be amazed at how delicious it is. The perfect last minute side dish for a winter feast.
To prepare, just cut the carrots length ways into quarters, and toss the pieces in some melted butter, oil and herbs. I melt it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds, add the oil and herbs, and then add the cut carrots and mix to coat them.
The butter is optional, and can be skipped if you want a vegan version or are really short on time, but it really adds to the flavor of the dish.
The carrots will take around 10-15 minutes to roast in the air fryer, depending on how large the carrot pieces are and how firm/soft you like them.
I prefer roasted carrots tender and melt in the mouth, so I tend to roast them for longer, but you can reduce the time if you want to retain a little crunch.
How to roast carrots in an air fryer.
- 4 medium carrots
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp thyme (fresh or dried)
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F (180°C).
- Cut carrots lengthwise into quarters.
- Place butter in a large microwave safe bowl, and microwave for 10-15 seconds until melted.
- Add olive oil and thyme to the melted butter, and stir to mix.
- Add carrot pieces to the butter/oil mix, and toss to coat.
- Place carrots in air fryer basket, and set to cook for 10-15 minutes.
- The carrots are ready when they are tender and starting to turn golden brown.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 81.5Total Fat: 6.5gSaturated Fat: 2.3gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 7.5mgSodium: 67.2mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1.8gSugar: 2.9gProtein: 0.6g
You may also like: