This is the easiest recipe you will find to roast pumpkin. Air fryer pumpkin is so quick and simple, and makes a lovely autumn vegetable side dish!
How to Roast Pumpkin in an Air Fryer
Air fried roast pumpkin is one of my favorite side dishes. It is quick and easy and truly versatile; it goes with many different types of main dish.
Since I discovered how quick and easy it is to roast in an air fryer we often have it a few times a week. My family haven’t complained about it yet, but it’s in season for a while so…
It is a really great last minute ‘I forgot to plan dinner’ side dish!
How to prepare pumpkin
Sometimes my local grocery store has pre-cut pumpkin, which I love as I do feel like I take my life into my hands cutting up pumpkin. If I can’t get pre-cut I like to use smaller pumpkins as they are easier to cut up.
To prep, just cut the pumpkin into wedges or chunks half an inch thick. Use a very sharp knife and cut very slowly and carefully. I leave the skin on, but I do clean up the stringy bits from the inside.
All the pumpkin needs is a quick spray of oil before air frying. You can add spices if you prefer a spiced roasted pumpkin, but this is optional. I often roast pumpkin without any spices, depending on the flavors of the dish I am serving it with.
If I want spiced pumpkin I usually use mixed spice or nutmeg, but you can also try paprika or chili, or a mix of all three.
Air frying pumpkin doesn’t take long, only 10 minutes. The pumpkin will be golden and tender when it is cooked.
I serve roast pumpkin as a side dish for recipes like air fryer roast beef and pork. Because the cooking time is only 10 minutes you can roast it after you have finished air frying a meat dish, while the meat is resting. Just prepare it while the meat is cooking.
How to cook pumpkin in an air fryer.
- 2 lb pumpkin , buy precut if you can!
- olive oil spray
- ½ tsp nutmeg or other spices, (optional)
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F (180°C).
- Cut pumpkin into wedges or chunks approx. ½ inch thick.
- Place the pumpkin pieces into the air fryer basket. If possible arrange the pieces so they are not touching, otherwise, be sure to shake the basket half way through cooking.
- Spray the pumpkin with olive oil.
- Optional: sprinkle nutmeg of other spices over the pumpkin.
- Place basket into the air fryer. Roast pumpkin in air fryer for 10 minutes. It will be tender and golden when it is done.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 32Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g
You may also like: