Air fryer smiley fries are quick and easy to make, and guaranteed kid-approved! Once you try air frying smiley fries I guarantee you’ll never cook them any other way! So quick and easy, the kids dinner can be on the table in no time (and no need to turn your oven on!).
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my affiliate policy here.
How to cook smiley fries in an air fryer
Air frying is my favorite way to cook frozen smiley fries. It gets them perfectly crisp and golden in mere minutes. The best part is you don’t even need to turn your oven on (and wait for it to heat up etc. etc.).
Air frying is so much quicker than oven baking, and I love that you can flip the food easily with a quick shake of the basket rather than having to flip all the fries over individually.
If you have other frozen foods you would like to cook in an air fryer, try using my air fryer conversion calculator to work out the cooking time and temperature needed.
- Step 1: Preheat air fryer to 360°F/180°C. This step is not required for all air fryers. However, I have found I tend to get better results using a preheated air fryer when the cooking times are short, so I do usually preheat mine when air frying food like fries (even though my brand doesn’t officially require preheating).
- Step 2: Place the smiley fries in the air fryer basket. No need to place them in a single layer, but if they are piled up they will need to be shaken during cooking to redistribute them and ensure that they cook evenly. No oil spray is needed.
- Step 3: Air fry smiley fries for 8-12 minutes, shaking the basket every 5 minutes to redistribute them, until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Step 4: Serve with your kids favorite dipping sauce and watch them disappear!
Air Fryer Smiley Fries Recipe Card
How to cook smiley fries in an air fryer.
- 1lb frozen smiley fries
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F / 180°C (approx 2-3 minutes).
- Place frozen smiley fries in air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 10-15 minutes, shaking the basket every 5 minutes to redistribute the fries.
- Smiley fries are cooked when they are golden brown, crispy and cooked through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 354Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 238mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 4gSugar: 0gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is an estimate and provided for informational purposes only.
You may also like:
- Air fryer tater tots
- Air fryer frozen pizza rolls
- Air fryer curly fries
- Air fryer waffle fries
- Air fryer frozen foods
Looking for more recipes?
Check out the recipe index where you can browse recipes by meal type and category!
*This blog post contains affiliate links, this means if you click on a link and go on to buy the product I recommend, I will get a small commission, but you will not be charged a cent more – thanks in advance for your support!