Air fryer curly fries are delicious and so simple to make. Once you try them I guarantee you’ll never cook them any other way! So quick and easy, and no need to turn your oven on!
How to cook curly fries in an air fryer
Air frying is by far the best way to cook frozen curly fries. Perfectly crispy fries in mere minutes. They are much healthier than the deep fried version, but taste way better than oven baked.
Air frying is so much quicker than oven baking. Not only do you not have to wait for the oven to heat up before you can even start cooking, but the cook time is much quicker. Also, no need to flip them all individually like you need to when cooking in the oven.
- Step 1: Preheat air fryer to 360°F/180°C. This step is not required for all air fryers. However, I usually preheat mine when air frying frozen fries (even though my brand doesn’t officially require preheating), because I have found I tend to get better results using a preheated air fryer when the cooking times are short.
- Step 2: Place the frozen curly fries in the air fryer basket. No need to place them in a single layer, but if they are piled up they will need to be shaken during cooking to ensure that they cook evenly. No oil spray is needed, but for extra crispy curly fries you can add a spritz or two of olive oil.
- Step 3: Air fry curly fries for 10-15 minutes, shaking the basket every 5 minutes to redistribute the fries, until they are golden brown and crispy.
Curly fries are great just seasoned with salt and black pepper, and served with sauce for dipping. But they are totally amazing served as loaded curly fries – top with chili, cheese, sour cream and green onions. It makes me hungry just thinking about it!
How to cook curly fries in an air fryer from frozen.
- 1lb frozen curly fries
- Pre-heat air fryer to 360°F / 180°C (approx 2-3 minutes).
- Place frozen curly fries in air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 10-15 minutes, shaking the basket every 5 minutes to redistribute the fries.
- Curly fries are cooked when they are golden brown, crispy and cooked through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 354Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 238mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 4gSugar: 0gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is an estimate and provided for informational purposes only.