Air fryer curly fries are delicious and so simple to make. Once you try them I guarantee you’ll never cook them any other way! So quick and easy, and no need to turn your oven on!
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my affiliate policy here.
How to cook curly fries in an air fryer
Air frying is by far the best way to cook frozen curly fries. Perfectly crispy fries in mere minutes. They are much healthier than the deep fried version, but taste way better than oven baked.
Air frying is so much quicker than oven baking. Not only do you not have to wait for the oven to heat up before you can even start cooking, but the cook time is much quicker. Also, no need to flip them all individually like you need to when cooking in the oven.
If you have other frozen foods you would like to cook in an air fryer, try using my air fryer conversion calculator to work out the cooking time and temperature needed (°F and °C options).
- Step 1: Preheat air fryer to 360°F/180°C. This step is not required for all air fryers. However, I usually preheat mine when air frying frozen fries (even though my brand doesn’t officially require preheating), because I have found I tend to get better results using a preheated air fryer when the cooking times are short.
- Step 2: Place the frozen curly fries in the air fryer basket. No need to place them in a single layer, but if they are piled up they will need to be shaken during cooking to ensure that they cook evenly. No oil spray is needed, but for extra crispy curly fries you can add a spritz or two of olive oil.
- Step 3: Air fry curly fries for 10-15 minutes, shaking the basket every 5 minutes to redistribute the fries, until they are golden brown and crispy.
Curly fries are great just seasoned with salt and black pepper, and served with sauce for dipping. But they are totally amazing served as loaded curly fries – top with chili, cheese, sour cream and green onions. It makes me hungry just thinking about it!
Air Fryer Curly Fries Recipe Card
How to cook curly fries in an air fryer from frozen.
- 1lb frozen curly fries
- Pre-heat air fryer to 360°F / 180°C (approx 2-3 minutes).
- Place frozen curly fries in air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 10-15 minutes, shaking the basket every 5 minutes to redistribute the fries.
- Curly fries are cooked when they are golden brown, crispy and cooked through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 354Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 238mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 4gSugar: 0gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is an estimate and provided for informational purposes only.
You may also like:
- Air fryer tater tots
- Air fryer frozen pizza rolls
- Air fryer French fries
- Air fryer sweet potato fries
- Air fryer waffle fries
- Air fryer frozen foods
Looking for more recipes?
Check out the recipe index where you can browse recipes by category and meal type!
*This blog post contains affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and go on to buy the product I recommend, I will get a small commission, but you will not be charged a cent more – thanks in advance for your support!
Welcome to Love Food Not Cooking!
I’m Eliza, busy mom, home cook, and blogger. My goal is to help everyone cook good food. Whether you are short on time, skills, or motivation, there is something here for you! We have dozens of quick and easy recipes for dinner, lunch, side dishes, and more. Our recipes use everyday ingredients, for quick delicious meals your family will love! Read more…