These air fryer cream cheese wontons are crispy, creamy, and so easy to make! You only need a few ingredients, and they come together in minutes. Plus, they’re a great appetizer or snack for any occasion.
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my affiliate policy here.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- They are easy to put together, only two steps are required to prepare them
- They are quick to cook – around 5 minutes in your air fryer
- They are versatile, you can add other ingredients to switch up the flavor and make them your own
There’s nothing quite like a crispy, creamy wonton. And with an air fryer, you can easily make them at home!
These air-fried cream cheese wontons are the perfect appetizer or snack. They’re quick and easy to make and are always a hit!
Scroll down for the printable card for this air fryer cream cheese wonton recipe, or read on for all the details!
What do you need?
You can use any brand of refrigerated pre-made wonton wrappers.
If you want to use frozen wonton wrappers, make sure you get them out of the freezer ahead of time so they will be thawed when you are ready to use them.
You will need one block of cream cheese for this recipe. It needs to be at room temperature so that you can blend it with the seasoning ingredients, so get it out of the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before you want to make this recipe.
This recipe uses simple salt and garlic powder to season the filling.
Try adding any of the following into the wonton with the cream cheese mixture for a tasty variation:
- A drizzle of sweet chili sauce
- Thinly sliced green onion or chives
- Diced avocado
- Canned crab meat or tuna (drained)
How to cook cream cheese wontons in the air fryer
This recipe is very simple to make, but there are a few key steps to getting it just right:
- Beat the cream cheese and the seasoning together in a bowl until smooth. Starting with the cream cheese at room temperature makes this easier.
- Take a wonton wrapper, drop around one teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture into the center, then gather the edges together and seal them with a dab of water. You can also fold or roll the wontons into any other wonton shape you like.
- Place the wontons in the air fryer basket and give them a light spritz or brush with olive oil. Air fry cream cheese wontons for around 5-8 minutes until they are golden brown and heated through.
When choosing an olive oil spray for your air fryer, look for the type that spritzes rather than an aerosol. The propellant in aerosol oil sprays can damage the non-stick coating of your air fryer.
These air fryer cream cheese wontons are a quick and easy snack or appetizer. Made with just a few ingredients, they are ready in minutes. Serve them plain or with a dipping sauce for a tasty treat.
- 8 oz cream cheese (1 block), room temperature
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 16 wonton wrappers, refrigerated
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F/ 180°C.
- Place the cream cheese and the seasoning in a bowl and beat until smooth.
- Drop about 1 rounded teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture on each wonton wrapper, gather the edges together, or fold as desired, and seal with a dab of water.
- Place cream cheese wontons in air fryer basket [Note 1] and lightly spritz or brush with olive oil.
- Air fry wontons for 5 to 8 minutes until they are golden brown and heated through.
- If your air fryer basket is prone to sticking, you can lightly spritz or brush it with oil before placing the wontons in.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 293Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 494mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 7g
Nutrition information is an estimate and provided for informational purposes only.
You may also like:
- Homemade Air Fryer Pizza Logs
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Instant Pot Frozen Dumplings
Looking for more recipes?
Check out our recipe index where you can browse recipes by category and meal type!