Upgrade your afternoon snack with these air fryer pizza rolls! Air frying takes frozen pizza rolls to crispy, melty perfection in next to no time! The circulating hot air of the air fryer makes that filling piping hot and melty and transforms the outside deliciously crispy, all in less time than it takes to preheat your oven.
Why you’ll love air fryer pizza rolls
- Air frying pizza rolls gets them crispy and crunchy without the greasiness of deep frying.
- They are super quick and easy to make. Perfect for an after school snack for the kids.
- Gives them that just-right crunch on the outside while heating the inside. They are fast to make like microwaving, but much better texture.
- Saves having to turn on the oven just for a small portion.
- They’re always a crowd favorite (perfect for game day!).
Scroll down for the printable card for this pizza rolls air fryer recipe, or read on for all the details.
What are pizza rolls?
Pizza rolls are a tasty frozen snack made from pizza sauce and other fillings wrapped in an egg roll/ wonton wrapper, sold in the USA.
This post is about how to cook frozen pizza rolls in an air fryer. If you want a recipe for homemade pizza rolls, you can make them using wonton wrappers, pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and your favorite pizza toppings.
Check out this recipe for homemade air fryer pizza logs for all the details (just fold them into squares instead of logs). Or, if you want a recipe to make pizza dough rolls, check my recipe for air fryer pizza scrolls.
Scroll down for the printable air fryer pizza roll recipe card, or read on for all the details!
What do you need?
Frozen pizza rolls
You can use these directions to cook any brand of frozen pizza egg rolls. I normally use Totinos pizza rolls, but Annie’s Pizza Poppers, Mama Cozzi’s Pizza Snacks, or Kroger Pizza Snack Rolls can all be cooked using the exact same directions.
Optional oil spray
Pizza rolls don’t need any added oil to cook perfectly in an air fryer, but the secret to getting them extra crispy is to give them a quick spritz with olive oil before air frying.
When choosing an olive oil spray for your air fryer, look for the type that spritzes rather than an aerosol. The propellant in aerosol oil sprays can damage the non-stick coating of your air fryer.
How to cook pizza rolls in the air fryer
It is so simple to cook pizza rolls in your air fryer, there are just a few steps to getting it just right:
- Preheat air fryer to 380°F/ 190°C. Some air fryers state you don’t need to preheat them, but for foods with a short cook time (like most frozen food), I always recommend preheating for the bet results.
- Place frozen pizza rolls in air fryer. Arrange the pizza rolls in a single layer in the air fryer basket. It is OK if they are touching, but if they are overlapping or piled up then the cooking time will be longer and you will need to make sure you shake the basket a few times during cooking to make sure they cook evenly.
- Air fry pizza rolls. Air fry frozen pizza rolls for 5-8 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Check frequently towards the end of the cooking time to ensure they do not end up overcooked.
- Serve and devour! Dunk in your favorite dipping sauce and devour. As soon as they have cooled down enough to eat that is!
How long to air fry pizza rolls
The exact time needed to air fry pizza rolls will depend on a couple of factors like how many pizza rolls you are air frying, and how powerful your air fryer model is.
If you have a powerful brand of air fryer like a Philips, a Nuwave or a Ninja Foodi, then expect cook times to be closer to 5 minutes. A less powerful model will need longer.
It can be difficuilt to get the cook time exactly right the first time you try cooking pizza rolls. I would recommend checking often during the cooking time from around 4 minutes onwards.
You will know if you have cooked the pizza rolls for too long, as you will find that they burst during cooking and spill filling into your air fryer pan. If this happens to you, make a note (print off the recipe card below) and try cooking for a minute or two shorter next time!
Let me know in the comments below what air fryer you have and how long it takes to air fry frozen pizza rolls to perfection.
Once they are cooked to your liking, serve the pizza rolls with your favorite sauce for dipping. Try marinara sauce, BBQ sauce, ranch dressing, or sour cream.
Alternatively, if you want some ideas for how to dress up pizza rolls you could try:
- Sprinkling grated Parmesan cheese over the top once they are out of the air fryer but are still piping hot.
- Sprinkle with bacon bits or chopped pepperoni
- Serve them like nachos topped with chili and shredded cheese, tomato salsa, sour cream guacamole etc.
- Drizzle with pesto
- Serve in a bun, or roll in a tortilla with cheese and marinara sauce
Storing and reheating
Store any leftover pizza rolls in an airtight container in the refrigerator, and use within 3 days.
You can reheat the pizza rolls in the air fryer, air fry for around 2 minutes until warmed through.
FAQs & tips
Yes, pizza rolls should be cooked from frozen (unless the pack instructions of the brand you have states otherwise).
To make pizza rolls extra crispy, air frying is the best way to cook them, but you can add a spritz or two of oil before cooking if you want to get them extra super crispy.
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- 12 frozen pizza rolls
- Place frozen pizza rolls in air fryer basket in a single layer – it is OK if they are touching [Note 1].
- Place basket in air fryer, and cook pizza rolls at 380°F (190°C) for 5-8 minutes. Flip the pizza rolls over halfway through the cooking time if required [Note 2].
- Air fry pizza rolls until starting to turn golden brown. If you like them extra crisp you can cook them longer, increase time in 1 minute intervals to avoid overcooking them.
- Remove pizza rolls from the air fryer and then let stand for at least 2 minutes after cooking time is completed – remember they will be very hot inside!
- For extra crispy pizza rolls, spritz them with olive oil before air frying.
- Some air fryers require the food to be turned during cooking, check your manual if you are unsure if this is required for your air fryer.
Nutrition information is an estimate and provided for informational purposes only.