These air fryer ham and cheese sliders are the perfect easy meal or snack. They’re simple to prepare, quick to cook, and best of all, they’re delicious. Plus, they’re a great way to use up any leftover ham you might have.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- They are quick and easy to prepare
- The recipe uses simple ingredients you probably already have at home
- They cook quickly in the air fryer so you can have a snack or a meal ready in no time
These air fryer ham and cheese sliders are the perfect snack or party food! Made with just a few simple ingredients, they come together in just minutes and are so delicious. Plus, they can be easily customized to fit your taste.
Scroll down for the printable recipe card for these air fryer ham and cheese sliders, or read on for all the details.
What do you need?
Full ingredients list and quantities are given in the recipe card below.
Soft bread rolls
Sliders are made from soft bread rolls, you can use Hawaiian rolls, brioche rolls, mini burger baps, or any other type of soft white dinner rolls.
Sliced deli ham
I like to use thin sliced deli ham, but you can also use leftover Christmas ham.
Sliced Provolone cheese
The recipe below uses sliced Provolone cheese, but you could substitute Swiss cheese or pepper jack cheese.
Poppy seed glaze
This recipe also includes a tasty poppy seed topping for the rolls. It adds flavor and crunch to the rolls, and helps prevent the tops of the rolls from drying out during cooking.
It is made from poppy seeds, melted butter, Dijon mustard, onion and garlic powders and Worcestershire sauce. You can skip the poppy seeds if you don’t like them, or don’t have any to hand.
How to cook hot ham and cheese sliders in an air fryer
This recipe is very simple to make, there are just a few key steps to getting it just right:
- Preheat the air fryer to 300°F/ 150°C.
- Mix the ingredients for the poppy seed glaze together in a small bowl.
- Slice the pack of dinner rolls horizontally through the middle. Then layer the ham and cheese on top. Finish with a layer of cheese so it will help to stick the top half of the buns on. Place the tops of the rolls back on, and brush the butter poppy seed glaze over the top of the rolls. Cut the rolls into individual sliders
- Place the sliders in the air fryer basket or tray in a single layer with a small space between the rolls to allow the air to circulate.
- Air fry sliders for 5 to 8 minutes until the the cheese has melted, and the tops are golden brown.
It is important to preheat the air fryer so that the cooking process starts immediately once you have put the food in the air fryer.
Note: if you dont have an air fryer, you can also make these hot ham and cheese rolls in an oven. Place the fillerd slider buns on a baking tray and bake in the oven at 320°F/ 160°C for 10-15 minutes until they are warmed through and the cheese is melted.
Ham and cheese sliders are a classic party food that are easy to make and always a hit with guests.
If you’re looking for a way to step up your slider game, try serving them with a honey mustard dipping sauce. This sweet and tangy sauce takes these sliders to the next level and is sure to be a hit with your guests.
Air Fryer Ham and Cheese Sliders
How to make ham and cheese sliders in your air fryer.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons poppyseeds
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 soft dinner rolls
- 1 pounds thinly sliced deli ham
- 12 Provolone cheese slices
- Preheat the air fryer to 300°F/ 150°C.
- Mix the melted butter, Dijon mustard, poppy seeds, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder and garlic powder together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Slice the dinner rolls through the middle, and layer the ham and cheese on to the bottoms half of the rolls, ensuring you have a cheese layer on the very top
- Then place the tops of the rolls back on, and brush the butter poppy mixture over the top of the rolls. Cut the rolls apart.
- Place the sliders in the air fryer basket or tray in a single layer with a small space between the sandwiches to allow the air to circulate [Note 1].
- Air fry sliders for 5 to 8 minutes at 300°F/ 150°C, until the the cheese has melted, and the tops are golden brown.
- You may need to cook them in batches depending on the type/size of your air fryer.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 478Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 1846mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 32g
Nutrition information is an estimate and provided for informational purposes only.
More recipes you’ll love:
- Air Fryer Flatbread Pizza
- Air Fryer Pepperoni Pizza Rolls (Pizza Scrolls)
- Air Fryer Toast Quiche
- Air Fryer Ham Steaks