For a quick and easy brunch, or light lunch, try this recipe for cheesy toast air fryer quiche. No pastry needed.
This is a delicious baked egg and cheese quiche, made using a slice of bread rather than pastry. I don’t often keep pastry on hand, so it is great to be able to make this quiche with a slice of bread instead. If you prefer you can cut the crusts off the bread, but I like the crunch, so I leave them on.
The recipe is for a basic quiche, but you can add other fillings if you like. Here are some that I like:
- Chopped tomato, spinach and feta
- Cooked bacon bits and mushrooms
- Ham and Swiss cheese
Air Fryer Toast Quiche
- 1 egg
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- ½ tsp wholegrain mustard (optional)
- 1 slice bread
- Beat the egg, mix in the mustard and the cheese.
- Line a small pan with the slice of bread. You might need to push in well into the pan so that it doesn't pop right out again. Pour the cheese mixture into it.
- Bake quiche in air fryer at 360°F (180°C) for 12-15 minutes, or until golden on top and egg is cooked through.
- When cooking time is up, remove quiche from the air fryer and leave to set for 5 minutes.
You may also like: