For a quick and easy brunch, or light lunch, try this recipe for cheesy toast air fryer quiche. This is an easy bread quiche, so no pastry is needed. If you are looking for a variation on air fryer egg toast for brunch, then this is the recipe for you!
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my affiliate policy here.
How to Cook a Toast Quiche in an Air Fryer
This is a delicious baked egg and cheese bread quiche, made using a slice of bread rather than pastry. I don’t always keep pastry on hand, so it is great to be able to make this quiche with a slice of bread instead.
Also try my recipe for air fryer toast pizza for another quick and easy lunch idea based around air frying bread, or this recipe for air fryer quiche for a traditional pastry-crusted quiche, or even air fryer frittata for a crustless version.
Scroll down for the recipe card for this air fryer egg toast recipe, or read on for all the details.
- Bread: use a thick slice of sandwich bread.
- Egg: use one egg per slice of bread.
- Cheese: You will need around ¼ cup of shredded cheese per serving. Shredded cheddar cheese, jack, or Swiss cheese are all great options.
- Seasoning: mustard is my favorite seasoning for a baked egg dish, but you can also add herbs like parsley or basil.
The recipe below is for a basic quiche, but you can add other fillings if you like. Add up to ¼ cup per serving. Here are some that I like:
- Chopped tomato, spinach and feta
- Cooked bacon bits and mushrooms
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Ham and Swiss cheese
You will also need some individual pie pans, approximately 4-4½ inches/ 10-12cm in diameter.
Step 1: Mix the filling. Whisk the egg and mustard together in a large measuring jug, then add the cheese and mix in until well combined.
Step 2: Prepare the bread crust. Lightly grease and line the pie pans with a slice of bread. Press the bread down firmly into the pan so that it molds to the pan shape. If you prefer you can cut the crusts off the bread, but I like the crunch, so I leave them on.
Step 3: Preheat the air fryer to 320°F/ 160°C. Then pour the egg mixture into the prepared bread-lined pan.
Step 4: Bake. Bake the bread quiche in the air fryer for 20 minutes. Cook times will vary with different air fryer models, and with factors like the exact dimensions of your pie pan and how much filling you have. The quiche is done when the crust and the top are golden brown, and it has reached 160°F/ 72°C in the center. Check with an instant-read thermometer if you are unsure.
Step 5: Leave to set. Once you have removed the toast quiche from the air fryer, do not cut into it straight away – it needs time to set. Leave it for at least 5-10 minutes to set.
Air Fryer Bread Quiche Recipe Card
How to cook bread quiche in an air fryer.
- 1 egg
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- ½ tsp wholegrain mustard, (optional)
- 1 slice bread
- Beat the egg, mix in the mustard and the cheese.
- Line a small pan with the slice of bread. You might need to push in well into the pan so that it doesn't pop right out again. Pour the cheese mixture into it.
- Bake quiche in air fryer at 320°F (160°C) for 20 minutes, or until golden on top and egg is cooked through [Note 1].
- When cooking time is up, remove quiche from the air fryer and leave to set for 5-10 minutes.
- 160°F/ 72°C internal temperature
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 308Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 9gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 208mgSodium: 587mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 21g
You may also like:
- Air fryer pizza
- Air fryer pizza scrolls
- Air fryer egg rolls
- Air fryer Totino’s pizza rolls
- Air fryer hash browns
Looking for more recipes?
Check out the recipe index where you can browse recipes by category and meal type!
*This blog post contains affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and go on to buy the product I recommend, I will get a small commission, but you will not be charged a cent more – thanks in advance for your support!
Welcome to Love Food Not Cooking!
I’m Eliza, busy mom, home cook, and blogger. My goal is to help everyone cook good food. Whether you are short on time, skills, or motivation, there is something here for you! We have dozens of quick and easy recipes for dinner, lunch, side dishes, and more. Our recipes use everyday ingredients, for quick delicious meals your family will love! Read more…