A super simple recipe for a baked mac and cheese. No need to pre-cook the macaroni!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
The cheats way to make macaroni cheese.
- 4 cups milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups macaroni, (uncooked)
- 1 cups vegetables, (eg. caulifower florets, grated carrot, corn kernels, baby spinach)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3 cups shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- Add milk, salt and pepper into a large pot. Bring to the boil, then add macaroni and any vegetables that will require cooking (eg cauliflower). Reduce heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Mix in remaining veges (eg baby spinach, corn kernels, grated carrot) and 2 cups of the cheese.
- Transfer to an oven-proof dish and top with remaining cheese and breadcrumbs. Place under a preheated broiler and cook until golden (about 5 minutes).
- Serve at once.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 648Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 15gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 1268mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 3gSugar: 16gProtein: 34g
You may also like: