This creamy pesto chicken fettuccine is one of my favorite quick and easy week night dinners. It requires minimal prep and is ready in 20 minutes or less.
Creamy Chicken Pesto Fettuccine
How to make quick chicken pesto fettuccinePrint Pin
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 2 people
- 4 oz fettuccini dried or fresh
- 3 oz basil pesto
- 2 tbsp cream
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 8 oz cooked chicken
- 1 tbsp pinenuts
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 small bunch fresh basil
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 tbsp balsamic viniagrette
- Prepare the salad: dice tomatoes, and toss in a bowl with spinach leaves, basil and balsamic vinaigrette.
- Lightly toast the pine nuts in a pan (3-4 minutes), remove from heat and crush with the flat of a knife.
- Cook the fettuccine in boiling water according to the instructions on the pack (approx 11 minutes).
- While the fettuccine is cooking, roughly chop the baby spinach leaves. Shred or chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Add pesto and cream to a jar and shake to mix well.
- When the fettuccine is cooked, drain and return to the pot.
- Add the creamy pesto sauce, the chicken and chopped baby spinach to the fettuccine. Mix well.
- Serve topped with crushed pinenuts.