Ever wondered if you can air fry baked potatoes? You can! Check out our recipe for how to cook a baked potato in an air fryer.
How to Cook a Baked Potato in an Air Fryer
This is the quick way to cook a baked potato in an air fryer. All it takes is a quick zap in the microwave to start the cooking process, followed by a blast in the air fryer to crisp it up.
Potatoes can take a long time to bake, and there are few things worse than cutting a freshly baked potato open to discover it is still hard in the middle! Anyway, the remedy to this is to get the cooking process off to a good start by zapping it in the microwave first.
If you just microwave bake potatoes they end up soggy and disappointing, but this is where the air fryer comes in.
Once our potato is starting to soften after microwaving, we are going to finish it off in the airfryer to crisp up the skin and get that golden sweetness that makes baked potatoes taste so divine.
Now all you need to figure out is what you are going to top that potato with. Here’s some ideas:
- Mexican beef mince and sour cream
- Pulled pork and slaw
- Chicken mayo
- Cottage cheese and slaw
- Tuna mayo
- Butter and cheese
How to bake a potato in an air fryer.
- 1 large potato , choose a nice fluffy variety like Idaho, Russet, King Edward or Maris Piper
- 1/2 tsp salted butter
- Lots of toppings
- Scrub the potato and prick with a fork to pierce the skin. Rub the salted butter over the potato.
- Place potato in microwave for 5 minutes. When it is finished, check that the potato feels quite soft now, if it is still hard, turn it over and microwave for another 5 minutes.
- Remove potato from microwave (carefully - it will be hot!).
- Place potato in air fryer basket, and air fry at 390°F (200°C) for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Enjoy with your favorite toppings. Try butter, shredded cheese (cheddar or jack), chili and sour cream, tuna and mayo, or pulled pork.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 280Unsaturated Fat: 0g
You may also like: