Air fryer baked potatoes – the best and quickest way to get a perfectly crispy tender baked potato.
How to Cook a Baked Potato in an Air Fryer
Ever wondered if you can air fry baked potatoes? You can! Air frying is actually my favorite way to cook baked potatoes.
This is probably because it is the quickest way to cook a baked potato if you actually want it to turn out crispy.
Potatoes take a long time to bake in an oven. Yes you can microwave a baked potato in around 5-10 minutes, but it will end up soft and disappointing.
But this is where the air fryer comes in…
The Best Way to Bake a Potato
The best strategy is to start the cooking process in the microwave, followed by a blast in the air fryer to crisp it up.
Now all you need to figure out is what you are going to top that potato with. Here’s some ideas:
- Mexican beef mince and sour cream
- Pulled pork and slaw
- Chicken mayo
- Cottage cheese and slaw
- Tuna mayo
- Butter and cheese
How to bake a potato in an air fryer.
- 1 large potato , choose a nice fluffy variety like Idaho, Russet, King Edward or Maris Piper
- 1/2 tsp salted butter
- Lots of toppings
- Scrub the potato and prick with a fork to pierce the skin. Rub the salted butter over the potato.
- Place potato in microwave for 5 minutes. When it is finished, check that the potato feels quite soft now, if it is still hard, turn it over and microwave for another 5 minutes.
- Remove potato from microwave (carefully - it will be hot!).
- Place potato in air fryer basket, and air fry at 390°F (200°C) for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Enjoy with your favorite toppings. Try butter, shredded cheese (cheddar or jack), chili and sour cream, tuna and mayo, or pulled pork.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 280Unsaturated Fat: 0g
You may also like: