Air fryer beef tenderloin is delicious, melt-in-your-mouth tender, and so quick and easy! Perfect for a special occasion, or any time you want a meal to impress in a hurry!
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my affiliate policy here.
How to Roast Beef Tenderloin in an Air Fryer
This is one of my favorite recipes for cooking beef in an air fryer. I have been using my air fryer to roast beef for years now, and always adapted my original recipe for a tenderloin.
However, since the cooking time is quite different I decided to create a new recipe for roasting a beef tenderloin in an air fryer.
How to Prepare Beef Tenderloin
Beef tenderloin is easy to prepare for air frying, it just needs some oil and some seasoning.
Use your favorite beef seasoning, here are some that we like:
- Rosemary and thyme for a classic roast beef tenderloin (this is what I use in the recipe below)
- Salt and pepper – keep it simple, and let the flavor of the beef shine
- Ground black pepper, nutmeg and cloves – for a spiced Christmas beef tenderloin
- Crushed garlic, salt and pepper
The easiest way I have found to season the beef tenderloin is to add olive oil and the seasoning on a plate, and then roll the tenderloin in it to coat it evenly on all sides.
Lazy cooks tip: if I am really short on time I have been known to add the tenderloin to the air fryer basket, then spray with oil and sprinkle seasoning over it. You don’t get quite as good coverage (and will need to flip the beef and do the same on the other side), but its really quick!
How Long to Cook Beef Tenderloin in Air Fryer
When air frying a beef tenderloin, I follow the general rule of 10 minutes per lb of beef for rare, then add five minutes for each degree of doneness that you like:
|How well done?||Rule||Time for a 2lb tenderloin||Internal Temp.|
|Rare||10 min per lb / 450g||20 minutes||125°F/ 52°C|
|Medium rare||10 min per lb / 450g + 5 min||25 minutes||135°F/ 57°C|
|Medium||10 min per lb / 450g + 10 min||30 minutes||145°F/ 63°C|
|Medium well-done||10 min per lb / 450g + 15 min||35 minutes||150°F/ 66°C|
|Well done||10 min per lb / 450g + 20 min||40 minutes||160°F/ 71°C|
What to Serve With Beef Tenderloin
A great thing about cooking a beef tenderloin in an air fryer vs a full-sized roast, is that it leaves plenty of space for also cooking the vegetables in there with the meat.
If I’m roasting a full sized cut of beef then my air fryer is close to capacity and I can’t also air fry vegetables at the same time, so I have to cook them in batches.
Anyway, with a beef tenderloin there is lots of room, and it is so great to be able to cook a whole meal in the air fryer.
I usually toss in some vegetables to roast up once there is around ten minutes of cooking time remaining. You can remove the tenderloin to rest when it has finished cooking, and pop the veg back in to the air fryer to crisp up for ten minutes or so.
Fresh steamed vegetables also go really great with beef tenderloin, I usually prep them while the beef is air frying, then start them steaming while it is resting.
Air Fryer Beef Tenderloin Recipe Card
How to cook beef tenderloin in an air fryer.
- 1lb beef tenderloin
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp rosemary and thyme, (fresh or dried)
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F (180°C).
- Mix sea salt, rosemary and oil on a plate.
- Pat the beef tenderloin dry with paper towels. Place on plate and turn so that the oil-herb mix coats the outside of the beef.
- Place beef tenderloin in the air fryer basket.
- Set to cook in air fryer for 15 minutes.
- This should give you medium-rare beef. Though is best to monitor the temperature with a meat thermometer to ensure that it is cooked to your liking. Cook for additional 5 minute intervals if you prefer it more well done.
- Remove beef tenderloin from air fryer, cover with kitchen foil and leave to rest for at least ten minutes before serving. This allows the meat to finish cooking and the juices to reabsorb into the meat.
- Carve the beef tenderloin thinly against the grain to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 767Total Fat: 59gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 193mgSodium: 711mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 54g
You may also like:
- Air fryer roast beef
- Air fryer pork tenderloin
- Air fryer roast lamb
- Air fryer beef jerky
- Air fryer beef recipes
*This blog post contains affiliate links, this means if you click on a link and go on to buy the product I recommend, I will get a small commission, but you will not be charged a cent more – thanks in advance for your support!