Air fryer butter cookies – possibly the easiest baked cookie recipe in existence. 4-ingredients, no need to turn your oven on, quick bake, ready in no time.
How to Bake Butter Cookies in an Air Fryer
Butter cookies are easy to bake, and make a great treat. They have a delicate buttery flavor and texture. Also called shortbread, or Scottish cookies, this is a traditional cookie recipe using basic ingredients.
The traditional recipe for butter cookies only has 3 ingredients:
- Sugar (1 part) – white sugar or soft brown are best
- butter (2 parts) – be sure to use good quality unsalted butter. This is where the cookies get their flavor from, so don’t skimp on this ingredient (and definitely don’t use a vegetable oil spread)
- all-purpose flour (3 parts) – I like to switch out 1 part of the flour and substitute corn-flour instead, as this gives a much lighter softer texture.
I really love the simplicity of plain butter cookies, but you can also add in other ingredients if you like, try adding half a cup of:
- Chocolate chips
- Chopped walnuts
- Ground almonds
- Chopped candied ginger
- Chopped dried cranberries and white chocolate chips
Air Fryer Butter Cookies Recipe
How to bake butter cookies in an air fryer.
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Prepare a baking sheet or pan by greasing or lining with baking paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Sift cornflour and all-purpose flour into the creamed mixture.
- Knead until well combined.
- Set air fryer to pre-heat to 300°F (150°C).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Shape into a circle or cut into pieces (see note below).
- Place onto prepared baking sheet or pan.
- Carefully place baking pan into air fryer basket.
- Air fry the butter cookies for approximately 20 minutes until pale golden.
- Cook any remaining dough in batches, or freeze for later use.
- If you don't have a rolling pin handy, butter cookie dough can also be rolled into a long cylinder shape (~2inch diameter) and cut into individual cookies using a sharp knife.
You may also like: