Air fryer chocolate chip cookies are one of my favorite things to bake in an air fryer. Bake in batches or freeze the remaining cookie dough for easy fresh cookie goodness at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my affiliate policy here.
How to Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies in an Air Fryer
Not much can beat freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. And baking them in your air fryer is a quick and easy way to get that fresh cookie goodness whenever you like.
Air frying cookies usually means small batches (unless you have a huge air fryer), and I like to bake one batch, and then freeze the leftover dough so I always have some on hand.
You can air fry the dough from frozen, which i great for if you just want one or two cookies. Check out my post on air frying cookie dough from frozen.
How Many Cookies Does the Recipe Make?
The recipe below makes enough dough for approximately 24 cookies. My air fryer baking pan will comfortably fit 7 cookies, or 8 if I really squeeze them in, so I divide my cookie dough into three batches.
You can either bake all three batches one after another, or you can freeze the remaining cookie dough to bake another time.
Bake in Batches
If you are going to bake all the dough in batches, then it is important to completely cool the baking sheet between batches, or the cookies can end up burnt on the bottom.
You can run it under the cold tap to cool it quickly, just be sure to dry the baking sheet thoroughly before placing the next batch of cookies on it.
How to Freeze Extra Dough
To freeze the cookie dough, roll into cookie sized balls, and freeze on a tray or in a plastic container until solid. Once the cookie dough balls have completely hardened, you can transfer them to a plastic freezer bag to store in a more space-saving way.
Air Fryer Cookies: Frequently Asked Questions
Yes you can. If you have a baking pan that will fit in your air fryer then you can air fry anything that you would usually bake.
It is not generally recommended to use foil in an air fryer, though some brands may allow it, so check your manual to find out.
All-purpose flour is the best type of flour to make cookies. It has a medium gluten content and is used most often for backing cakes, cookies, and biscuits.
To preheat, set the air fryer to run for 3-4 minutes.
How to bake chocolate chip cookies in an air fryer.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Soften butter and cream together with the two sugars in a large mixing bowl.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and beat in.
- Sift flour into the mixing bowl, add the baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and mix to combine.
- Add chocolate chips and stir in. The cookie mix will be quite dry, almost like breadcrumbs.
- Set air fryer to preheat to 320°F (160°C) (approx 3 minutes).
- Roll a tablespoon sized amount into balls of cookie dough, and place on a baking tray with 1-2 inches between, and flatten them slightly. Depending on how big your air fryer baking tray is this may be 6-8 cookies.
- Place the baking tray into the air fryer basket and air fryer the cookies for 8-10 minutes.
- When the bake time is up, remove cookies from the air fryer and allow to cool on the baking tray for 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Bake the remaining cookie dough in batches (allow baking sheet to cool completely between batches), or freeze remaining dough in balls to bake another day.
- Air fryer baking times will vary with different models. The bake time in this recipe is a guideline.
- This recipe makes enough for 3 batches of 7-8 cookies. You can either bake them one after another, or bake one batch and freeze the rest (roll into balls and freeze on a tray, before transferring to a plastic bag to store in the freezer until ready to bake).
- If you prefer you cookies crunchy, increase the time slightly; if you prefer them chewy, then reduce the time slightly.
- If you are baking more than one batch, be sure to allow the pan or cookie sheet you are using to completely cool down between batches.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 141Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 96mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information is an estimate only, and depends on the exact products used to make the recipe.
You may also like:
- Air Fryer Chocolate Brownies
- Air Fryer Butter Cookies
- Air fryer pizza scrolls
- Air Fryer Fruit Pudding
- Air Fryer Baking Recipes
Looking for more recipes?
Check out our recipe index where you can browse recipes by category and meal type!