These air fryer brownies are rich and fudgy, and easy to bake in an air fryer! No need to use your oven, quick to cook, and the best bit is because you can just bake a small batch, you can devour the lot!
How to Bake Brownies in an Air Fryer
Freshly baked brownies are such a treat: fudgy, rich, velvety slabs of chocolate heaven!
Baking brownies in an air fryer is quick, and means you can just cook up a small batch easily without using your oven and heating up your whole kitchen!
What do you need?
The ingredients for the basic brownie mix are:
- Unsalted butter – the butter needs to be melted for the recipe, I use a microwave (it takes around 30 seconds on high), but you could also use a small pan.
- Eggs – use regular size (not large). The eggs are needed to bind the brownie mixture together.
- Cocoa – use regular unsweetened cocoa
- Sugar – I normally use regular white granulated sugar, you could use soft brown sugar if you prefer.
- Flour – be sure to use regular all-purpose flour, not self-raising!
- Salt – just a little, to really bring out the chocolatey flavor!
I quite often add extra goodies to my brownies. You can add up to a quarter cup of extras. Some of our favorites are:
- Chopped walnuts
- Chocolate chips
- Chopped dates
- Chopped mixed fruit
Air Fryer Brownies: Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes you can! If you are following another recipe (not the one below) you will need to adjust the quantities, cook times and temperature. The recipe quantity you need depends on how big your air fryer and baking pan are, but start by halving the quantities. Temperatures should be reduced by around 20°F, and cook times by approximately a quarter.
Any oven-safe pans are also air fryer safe. Jut make sure that whatever you buy will fit in your air fryer basket with space around the edge to allow the hot air to circulate!
They usually have the same basic ingredients, but the ratio of fat to flour is higher for fudgy brownies. The recipe below is a fudgy brownie recipe.
Use a shallow baking pan or slice tin.
How to bake brownies in an air fryer.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 cup extra goodies (e.g. chocolate chips, chopped nuts)
- Line a 6 inch square, or 7 inch round baking tin with parchment.
- Preheat the air fryer to 320°F (160°C).
- Place the butter in a large microwave-safe mixing bowl. Microwave until just melted (approx. 30 seconds).
- Crack the eggs into the bowl and mix into the butter until smooth.
- Add the sugar, all-purpose flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt, and mix until well combined.
- Pour the brownie mix into the prepared baking tine, and smooth the top so it is flat.
- Place brownies in the air fryer and set to air fry for 15-20 minutes.
- When the brownies are cooked (see note below), remove from the air fryer, and allow to cool completely in the baking tin.
- When they have cooled, remove from the baking tin, cut into squares, and enjoy!
- To check if the brownies are cooked, stick a toothpick or skewer into the center. It should have some gooey crumbs clinging to it when it comes out, but it is is quite wet then the brownies will need to cook for a few more minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 294Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 116mgSodium: 196mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information is a guide only and depends on the exact product used in the recipe.
You may also like: