Air fryer frozen potato wedges are a great side dish to cook when you are short on time. Simple to cook, delicious, and ready in less time than it takes to preheat your oven! After you try air-frying frozen potato wedges, I guarantee you’ll never cook them any other way!
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my affiliate policy here.
Why you’ll love air fried frozen potato wedges
- Air frying cooks them perfectly, ensuring golden crispy potato wedges that are ready in just a few minutes.
- They are much healthier compared to wedges cooked in a deep fryer, but are much tastier than oven-baked
- There is no need to flip them all individually like you need to when cooking in the oven, just give the basket a shake to redistribute the wedges a couple of times during cooking.
>> Related recipe: Air fryer potato wedges (homemade)
If you have other frozen foods you would like to cook in an air fryer, try using my oven to air fryer conversion calculator to work out the cooking time and temperature needed (°F and °C options).
Scroll down for a printable recipe card for these air fryer frozen potato wedges, or read on for all the details.
Frozen potato wedges: I use McCain potato wedges, but any brand of oven-ready frozen wedges will do. You can use seasoned or unseasoned wedges, the air frying directions are the same.
You can also store homemade potato wedges in the freezer, and cook them from frozen using this method.
Optional seasoning: If you have unseasoned wedges, you can add your own seasoning to them. Try adding a teaspoon of garlic powder, Cajun seasoning, Italian seasoning, or creole seasoning.
Mix the seasoning and wedges in a bowl before you place them in the air fryer.
How to cook frozen potato wedges in the air fryer
Step 1: Preheat air fryer to 360°F/180°C.
This step is not required for all air fryers. However, I have found that preheating gives better results when the cook time is short, even though it is not required for my air fryer.
It is important to preheat the air fryer so that the cooking process starts immediately once you have put the food in the air fryer.
Step 2: Place the frozen potato wedges in the air fryer basket.
No need to place them in a single layer, but if they are piled up they will need to be shaken during cooking to ensure that they cook evenly.
No oil spray is needed, but for extra crispy wedges, you can add a spritz or two of olive oil.
Step 3: Air fry wedges for 10-15 minutes.
Shake the basket every 5 minutes to redistribute the wedges and ensure they cook evenly. Cook until they are golden brown and crispy.
The exact cook time depends on how powerful your air fryer is and how full the basket is, so if they are not quite done at the end of the cooking time, air fry for additional 2-3 minute intervals until they are cooked to your liking.
Potato wedges are great just seasoned with salt and black pepper, and served with your favorite dipping sauce. My kids always just want a bowl of ketchup, but I prefer sour cream and barbeque sauce or sweet chili.
If you want to turn this recipe into a whole meal, they are totally amazing served as loaded wedges—top with chili, grated cheese, sour cream, and green onions.
How to cook frozen potato in an air fryer.
- 1lb / 450g frozen potato wedges
- Your favorite dipping sauces
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F / 180°C (approx 2-3 minutes).
- Place frozen potato wedges in air fryer basket. It is fine to pile them up if you are cooking more than will fit in a single layer.
- Air fry frozen potato wedges for 10-15 minutes, shaking the basket every 5 minutes to redistribute the wedges and ensure they cook evenly.
- Wedges are cooked when they are golden brown, crispy and cooked through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 368Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 380mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 5gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is an estimate and provided for informational purposes only.
Looking for more recipes?
Check out our recipe index where you can browse recipes by category and meal type!