Air fryer frozen potato wedges are a great side dish to cook when you are short on time. Simple to cook, delicious, and ready in less time than it takes to preheat your oven! After you try air frying frozen potato wedges, I guarantee you’ll never cook them any other way!
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my affiliate policy here.
How to cook frozen potato wedges in an air fryer
Air frying is by far the best way to cook frozen potato wedges. Air frying cooks them perfectly, ensuring golden crispy potato wedges that are ready in just a few minutes. They are much healthier than cooking them in a deep fryer, but taste way better than oven baked.
Also, with basket style air fryers there no need to flip them all individually like you need to when cooking in the oven, just give the basket a shake to redistribute the wedges a couple of times during cooking.
Scroll down for a printable recipe card for these air fryer frozen potato wedges, or read on for all the details.
Since I realized how great an air fryer is for cooking frozen foods, I never cook them in my oven any more. Some other frozen foods you should try air frying are air fryer pizza rolls, air fryer curly fries, air fryer egg rolls, and air fryer frozen pizza.
Air frying is also my favorite way to cook fried potato dishes these days. Try one of these delicious recipes for homemade crispy air fryer potato wedges, perfectly golden air fryer roast potatoes, and healthy crispy air fryer french fries.
Frozen potato wedges: I use McCain potato wedges, but any brand of oven ready frozen wedges will do. You can use seasoned or unseasoned wedges, the air frying directions are the same.
Optional seasoning: If you have unseasoned wedges, you can add your own seasoning to them. Try adding a teaspoon of garlic powder, cajun seasoning, Italian seasoning or creole seasoning.
You can mix the seasoning and wedges in a bowl before you place them in the air fryer, or if you are short on time, sprinkle the seasoning over the wedges in the air fryer basket, giving it a little shake to distribute the seasoning evenly.
- Step 1: Preheat air fryer to 360°F/180°C. This step is not required for all air fryers. However, I usually preheat mine when air frying frozen wedges (even though my brand doesn’t officially require preheating), or any foods where the cooking time is relatively short.
- Step 2: Place the frozen potato wedges in the air fryer basket. No need to place them in a single layer, but if they are piled up they will need to be shaken during cooking to ensure that they cook evenly. No oil spray is needed, but for extra crispy wedges you can add a spritz or two of olive oil.
- Step 3: Air fry wedges for 10-15 minutes, shaking the basket every 5 minutes to redistribute the fries, until they are golden brown and crispy.
The cook time depends on how powerful your air fryer is and how full the basket is, so if they are not quite done at the end of the cooking time, air fry for an additional 1-2 minutes until they are cooked to your liking.
Let me know in the comments below what air fryer you have and how long was the right cook time.
If you have other frozen foods you would like to cook in an air fryer, try using my air fryer conversion calculator to work out the cooking time and temperature needed (°F and °C options).
Potato wedges are great just seasoned with salt and black pepper (or try lemon pepper seasoning), and served with your favorite sauce for dipping. My kids always just want a bowl of ketchup, but I prefer barbeque sauce or an Asian sauce like hoisin or sweet chili.
If you want to turn them into a meal, they are totally amazing served as loaded wedges—top with chili, cheese, sour cream and green onions. It makes me hungry just thinking about it!
These wedges are also a great dinner side dish alongside steak or hamburgers.
Air Fryer Frozen Potato Wedges Recipe Card
How to cook frozen potato in an air fryer.
- 1lb frozen potato wedges
- Your favorite dipping sauces
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F / 180°C (approx 2-3 minutes).
- Place frozen potato wedges in air fryer basket. It is fine to pile them up if you are cooking more than will fit in a single layer.
- Air fry frozen potato wedges for 10-15 minutes, shaking the basket every 5 minutes to redistribute the wedges and ensure they cook evenly.
- Wedges are cooked when they are golden brown, crispy and cooked through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 354Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 238mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 4gSugar: 0gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is an estimate and provided for informational purposes only.
You may also like:
- Air fryer tater tots
- Air fryer waffle fries
- Air fryer smiley fries
- Air fryer sweet potato fries
- Air fryer hash browns
- Air fryer frozen chicken wings
- air fryer frozen foods
*This blog post contains affiliate links, this means if you click on a link and go on to buy the product I recommend, I will get a small commission, but you will not be charged a cent more – thanks in advance for your support!