Air fryer potato wedges – perfect, crunchy, and ready in no time! This is a super quick and easy recipe to cook air fryer potato wedges.
How to Cook Potato Wedges in an Air Fryer
Potato wedges make a really great side dish for so many meals, and they are really simple and quick to cook too!
Hand-cut potato wedges are a healthier option than frozen, and air frying is the best way to cook them – much quicker than oven baking, and way (waaay) healthier than deep or shallow frying!
How to Prepare Potato Wedges
Cut potatoes into wedges. I like to use large potatoes, and cut them length-ways to get good long wedges. I normally get around 6-8 wedges per potato (depending on how big it is).
The key to getting potatoes really crisp in the air fryer is to make sure that they are as dry as you can get them before you add any oil.
If there is moisture left on the surface of the potato once you have cut it then the browning/crisping process (aka the Maillard reaction) will be delayed until it has dried.
I usually pat the cut potato wedges dry with a paper towel before placing them in the air fryer.
Similarly, the amount of oil that you use will affect how crisp your wedges get in the air fryer. A quick spray (my preferred amount) keeps them healthier, but they may not be quite as crisp as they could be.
Seasoning Potato Wedges
You can also add seasoning to the potato wedges, though they are also great with just a sprinkle of salt. Some seasoning that I like to use are:
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- Cajun seasoning
- Paprika and cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
Air Fryer Potato Wedges Recipe
How to cook crispy and delicious wedges in your air fryer.
- 4 medium potatoes, choose a nice fluffy variety like Idaho, Russet, King Edward or Maris Piper
- olive oil spray
- 1/2 tsp salt flakes or kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp seasoning (optional)
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F (180°C).
- Scrub the potatoes under running water (no need to peel unless you really want to).
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise into wedges. Pat the wedges dry with paper towels. The drier they are before air frying, the crisper they will be.
- Place potato wedges into air fryer basket and spray with oil, add salt and seasoning, then shake and spray with oil again.
- Air fry potato wedges for 15 minutes.
- When this time is up, remove the basket, shake the wedges and return to the air fryer for another 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown (air fryer cooking times can vary depending on the brand).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 154Total Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 21mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 5gProtein: 5g
You may also like: