Rather than roasting an entire turkey in the oven, try this super simple recipe for air fryer turkey breast, for a tender flavorful alternative in a fraction of the time!
How to roast turkey breast in an air fryer
Turkey is such a great option for dinner – it so much more than a dish to be served on holidays. It is super healthy – low in fat, and a rich source of protein and vitamin B6, as well as the essential amino acid tryptophan.
But unless you have a very large family you won’t be roasting a whole bird on a regular occasion! Luckily turkey breast is easy to roast, and roasting it in the air fryer makes it even easier!
I always use single split boneless turkey breast, but if you have a big air fryer you could roast the whole bone-in breast, though expect it to take quite a bit longer than the times in the recipe below.
You can air fry skin-on or skinless turkey breast, though skin-on is better as it helps to keep the meat moist.
When it comes to seasoning turkey breast I think it is best to keep things simple. I like the traditional flavors of rosemary, thyme and garlic.
What to serve with roast turkey breast
- air fryer roast potatoes – roast them for 15 minutes before cooking the turkey, then pop them back in the air fryer to finish them off for 10 minutes while the turkey is resting
- microwave steamed broccoli or microwave steamed carrots – start them steaming while the turkey is resting
How to cook a turkey breast in an air fryer.
- 1 turkey half-breast (approx. 2lb or 1kg),
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp rosemary & thyme
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F (180°C).
- Mix the oil, herbs and garlic on a plate. Place turkey breast in the herb mixture, and turn to coat the turkey breast well.
- Place turkey breast into the air fryer basket (skin side down). Air fry the turkey breast for 20 minutes.
- Remove the basket from the air fryer, turn the turkey breast over.
- Return turkey breast to the air fryer to cook for another 30 minutes.
- The turkey is cooked if the juices run clear when you stick a knife in the thickest part. If you are unsure check with a meat thermometer - internal temperature should be 165°F (75°C). If the turkey needs more cooking time cook for additional 10 minute intervals until it is done.
- Rest covered for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 321mgProtein: 33g
You may also like: