Get perfect basmati rice every time in your Instant Pot.
How to cook Basmati rice in an Instant Pot.
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 1.5 cups water
- Rinse 1cup of Basmati rice under running water using a mesh sieve. This removes the fine layer of starch on the outside of the grains preventing them from sticking together.
- Soak for 15 minutes. This step is optional, but the flavor of basmati rice will benefit from soaking.
- Place Basmati rice and 1.5 cups of water into the Instant Pot inner pot. Ensure that no grains remain stuck to the edge of the pot.
- Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to pressure cook for 4 minutes at high pressure, by pressing 'pressure cook', and selecting 4 minutes using the '-' button.
- When the time is up, allow the Instant Pot to depressurize naturally for 10 minutes (using the keep warm function). After this time you can use quick release to finish depressurizing before opening the Instant Pot.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 337Unsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 14mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 1gProtein: 6g
You may also like: